By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Civil War: Banquet of Crow (NX Edition)

Soundwave said:
bigtakilla said:

Drop the price significantly (its practically the same prIce as the PS4), make a LoZ collectors edition and have some games for 2017. Strive to recoup the losses through software sales. Make a few more software offerings for 2017 and at least 1 big title.

As far as 3DS, just get some new games people care about. 

If Nintendo wanted to drop the Wii U price it would have happened last holiday season. Nintendo is not going to take any more unneeded losses on the Wii U, that's the end of the story. 

What do you think unsold stock is?

Around the Network
bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

If Nintendo wanted to drop the Wii U price it would have happened last holiday season. Nintendo is not going to take any more unneeded losses on the Wii U, that's the end of the story. 

They will make a big pricecut after the NX is announced. After that, it's just a matter of how fast the stock sells out. Nintendo is probably keeping the WiiU production at a minimum to avoid unsold stock. I bet the WiiU gets fully discontinued a year after the NX release.

EDIT: Ups, I wanted to respond to the coment above this one.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

bigtakilla said:
Soundwave said:

That's likely exactly why the NX has not been shown to date. Nintendo is trying to run dry as much of their Wii U inventory as possible so they/their retail partners don't have to eat any more losses than they have to. 

Basically make the consumer eat the loss. 

Darwinianevolution said:
bigtakilla said:

They will make a big pricecut after the NX is announced. After that, it's just a matter of how fast the stock sells out. Nintendo is probably keeping the WiiU production at a minimum to avoid unsold stock. I bet the WiiU gets fully discontinued a year after the NX release.

And?

2016 !!

Around the Network

We now have the end of April and there are still people who think that NX will launch this year? This is funny.

Investors meeting tomorrow, some information should come from that.

Wyrdness said:
Investors meeting tomorrow, some information should come from that.

If they manage to not say a thing about the NX, this forum is going to be crazy for the wait. And if they do say something, this forum is going to be crazy from the hype. So madness anyway.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

put me down for 2017.

And here Zhuge comes

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213