By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Order 1886 sequel?

think-man said:
Luke888 said:

Didn't Sony have some arguments with the Director of the project who in the end stated that the game wouldn't have a sequel ? I remember ReviewTechUSA repotring on that...

First I've heard, can you give me link id love to see. Thanks 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLZwORVwRc

I forgot it to be reported as a rumor but still there might be some true to it. still keep on with your speculations since I have no idea if it's been confirmed real/fake...

Around the Network

Yeah, I'd be interested in a sequel. I liked the atmosphere and the characters.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Luke888 said:

Didn't Sony have some arguments with the Director of the project who in the end stated that the game wouldn't have a sequel ? I remember ReviewTechUSA repotring on that...

ReviewTechUSA? The guy who also reported, that all Wii U games would be 1080p/60fps?

He talks out of his ass a lot.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

At this point they should make a spiritual successor, Don't use the same name but use the assets to actually make a finished game this time around. They wasted too much time on the graphics rather than anything else.

My thoughts are that the fact that it doesnt have a sequal in the works is the biggest deterrent to getting the game.

It looks good. They should just shut up with the cinematic and 24fps crap and just make a great looking game as they have.

I don't have a problem with it beeing less than 10 hours. Aslong as its a great experience with replay value.

Around the Network

They'd have to make a slew of changes for me to even consider renting it. The first one had big problems with gameplay, pacing, AI, story, and literally zero replay value. No substance anywhere.

Sony owns the IP and Ready At Dawn can not make a sequel without permission.
"As for The Order, it was absolutely the company's desire to own it. We love that game and we are proud of it. Unfortunately, we were at a point in the company's evolution where owning that IP was not possible. We hope to not find ourselves in that position again."
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-06-05-blizzards-paul-sams-joins-ready-at-dawn-as-new-ceo

"We have enjoyed a long and mutually beneficial relationship with Sony. They are a great company with whom we have shared many successes over the years. As a result, it is hard to imagine not seeing our future games on one or more of the Sony platforms. At the same time, we have worked very hard to make sure that our engine and technology suite is multiplatform."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/08/the-order-1886-developer-ready-at-dawn-expanding-in-new-directions.aspx

I definitely would love a sequel.
Unlike most people, I genuinely enjoyed this game :)

I liked the first one, so yes. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I'd love to see a sequel. It would be cool to see a greater variety of weapons, and upgrades, from Tesla. That was a huge missed opportunity.