By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - In defense of Trump's (original) abortion statement

Abortion. What do?

It should be legal and available. 82 71.30%

Illegal cuz murder, but let mothers murder 7 6.09%

Illegal, punish everyone who murders 11 9.57%

Illegal for some other reason 15 13.04%

Total:115

We are fine killing mature animals, which are more developed than most full term fetuses are, just to eat them or whatever. Needless to say, most abortions are carried out way before we reach the full term fetus state.

I don't see why other animals, with not a signal memory in their brain, should be more valuable. "Because they look like us, superior animals" isn't a good argument.

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
Simply put, it's the person's choice uf they want to have an abortion or not. Odd how the people are so against abortion are the same ones who are against helping the struggling mother who can barely take care of her child. Force some silly teen to have a child and then tell her she's a horrible person because she's unable to care for the child that she didn't want in the first place. The same people who want government out of people's live also want government to forcefully make a life altering decision for you.

exactly, to be honest a part of the "pro-life" movement seems to have a lot of disdain for recreational sex and tries to "punish" ppl who have sex without the intention to procreate

an even extremer fringe tries to outlaw masturbation, as there is a story in the bible in which god killed a person who "spills his seed" .. funnily enough the guy had the order from his father to impregnate his dead brothers wife, lol

I never got why the Fetus part is focused on. If you're gonna say that. Than people who get vasectomy are killing unborns, as well. Why are Fetus more important/looked at, over the egg/sperm. They are the actual start. So kicking someone in the balls, is potential attempted murder. So should people be arrested there too? We salughter animals left and right, for Burger King. No one gives a shit. A chicken dies every second, for our dozen eggs. But an unborn, unalive fetus, OMFG MURDER!

the-pi-guy said:

OdinHades said:
If killing anything that could potentially become a human some day gets illegal, then fapping will be genocide.

It's next to impossible to draw a line here. So I say just let the people themselves decide.

Fapping can't become human though.  If I fap, those "seeds" will never ever ever ever ever (etc.) become a person.  (And "seed" is lost whether you fap or not, the vast majority of that "seed" even during sex, is also lost.)   A fetus, if it doesn't die on its own, will definitely become a person.  There is a remarked difference. 

So then why the fuck do people want them banned. Because when the abortion happens, it's BEFORE brain development. So the Fetus is the same as your sperm you don't care about, when someone jerks off.

the-pi-guy said:

I absolutely do not agree with Trump when it comes to punishment. 

I view life to be precious.  I don't like abortion.  I don't like how a lot of the people that don't like abortion seem to prize anti-abortion over life.  "I'm pro-life, but I am perfectly okay with you dying in war or dying of starvation."  I don't agree with that.  

There is a point when the fetus is viable to live outside the womb, at that point the grounds for being allowed to kill it, is basically where it is.  If it's right here, it's okay to kill it; but the second it comes out it's illegal.  That doesn't make a lot of sense. "yes you can kill the dog in the cage, but take it out before killing it, that's animal cruelty."

archer9234 said:

I never got why the Fetus part is focused on. If you're gonna say that. Than people who get vasectomy are killing unborns, as well. Why are Fetus more important/looked at, over the egg/sperm. They are the actual start. So kicking someone in the balls, is potential attempted murder. So should people be arrested there too?

Because the fetus is when the being can become a human. 

That's my point. CAN BECOME. A fetus is aborted before that, normally. So it's not. Why do people want it banned again?

I hate the terms pro-life and pro-choice because they're so all encompassing. I think very few people are 100% prolife or prochoice. The fact of the matter is that a human life has to be considered fully human at some point. I personally think that abortion should be legal somewhere between 6 and 10 weeks due to the fact that the fetus has brain activity. The exception to this would be if the mother's life is at risk due to complications.

Around the Network

So why death sentence is still aviable in US ? because murder a adult human is good but a fetus not ?

Anyway i am happy to not live in a country who is or want make this illegal.

Each women should choice with her husband if both want abortion i see no problem, earth is already over populated anyway.

KingofTrolls said:
Final-Fan said:

This thread is dedicated to exploring the question of whether, should the law in the United States change such that abortion is illegal (due presumably to the judgment that a human fetus is always a person), a woman who goes to an abortionist to have an abortion should be punished along with the abortionist for the crime of committing abortion.  It seems to me that pretty clearly the answer would have to be yes, and I suspect you would agree with that determination.  Is that so? 

What is the big deal ? - drive to airport, fly to other countries, do it, go back. Some time ago I read that there are about 10mln " tourist " that flied to other countries, even if abortion is legal in their countries, to avoid social stigma.

The problem what I wanted to discuss, is not relevant ( as u said ). 

For many people, that would be a very expensive thing to do, or even impossible in some cases. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

There is no defense for Trump's original statement. Not in THIS century, anyways.

Eh, I'd say a fetus is an "eventual" baby. A sperm, or an egg, is a "potential" baby. When you have a fetus, the process of growing into an individual, with thoughts, dreams, and emotions has already begun. 

EDIT: As for Trump, there is absolutely no way you can calll abortion "murder" and not punish the mother for it. Doing so would be clearly contradicting your own moral code. His answer was the only correct one he could have given without some major backtracking on the spot.

We should arrest men every time they jack off. Just as ridiculous as punishing abortion.

What is up with pro-lifers thinking abortion is something people do for fun? It's not something any woman WANTS to do. She RESORTS to it.