By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Rumors: Final Fantasy XV Platinum Demo was running on PC! GameStop FFXV ad lists PC release!

I expect a PC version, just not this year.

Around the Network
FunFan said:

Don't worry. I guarantee it will run perfectly on the NX with touch screen controls.

Get out.

MortienGerrux said:

It's not even out yet, why would you want to buy it? You can get beastly gaming laptops for that price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_and_Iris_Graphics

If they put a Iris Pro Graphics 580 it could run, with Iris Graphics 540 and 550 propably not.

Because I don't buy laptops for gaming. I have an old Macbook and I wanna upgrade to a Pro. I could buy the 2015 one like an idiot, or I can wait 2 months and get the newest one.

Also, I prefer Macs because I'm not a computer snob so I don't care that Windows is upgradable or whatever non-benefits those laptops have over a Pro.

EDIT: That was uneccessarily hostile. Sorry, but I just get really defensive when people try and dissuade me from buying Apple products because I always feel like I'm being talked down to. I wasn't born yesterday. I know I could get a beastly gaming laptop for the same price, but clearly I'm not interested in a beastly gaming laptop for that price. Clearly I'm interested in a 2016 Macbook Pro for that price.

Ka-pi96 said:
'far superior version of the game'? PC master race much?

Nope. Just a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You do know I was just joking, right?

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

spemanig said:

Because I don't buy laptops for gaming. I have an old Macbook and I wanna upgrade to a Pro. I could buy the 2015 one like an idiot, or I can wait 2 months and get the newest one.

Also, I prefer Macs because I'm not a computer snob so I don't care that Windows is upgradable or whatever non-benefits those laptops have over a Pro.

EDIT: That was uneccessarily hostile. Sorry, but I just get really defensive when people try and dissuade me from buying Apple products because I always feel like I'm being talked down to. I wasn't born yesterday. I know I could get a beastly gaming laptop for the same price, but clearly I'm not interested in a beastly gaming laptop for that price. Clearly I'm interested in a 2016 Macbook Pro for that price.

Don't worry, I got the answer to your dilema right here:

Also, Apple products are sexy and chicks dig them

“Simple minds have always confused great honesty with great rudeness.” - Sherlock Holmes, Elementary (2013).

"Did you guys expected some actual rational fact-based reasoning? ...you should already know I'm all about BS and fraudulence." - FunFan, VGchartz (2016)

Around the Network
FunFan said:

Don't worry, I got the answer to your dilema right here:

Also, Apple products are sexy and chicks dig them

Yeah, I'm definitely waiting to get the 15in Macbook Pro in June. Like I said, I'm not buying it for gaming, but obviously it would be nice if I could do a bit of gaming on it when I can be arsed.

I just really hope it finally comes in gold ugh so sexy.

Im not much of a pc gamer but i would double dip an buy again on pc if it had significant improvements. I've heard a few FF have been terrible ports, not sure on the state of FF13

Well, this pretty much confirms the PC version its not coming the same day.

spemanig said:
MortienGerrux said:

It's not even out yet, why would you want to buy it? You can get beastly gaming laptops for that price.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_HD_and_Iris_Graphics

If they put a Iris Pro Graphics 580 it could run, with Iris Graphics 540 and 550 propably not.

Wow hostile indeed!

What if I told you can install Yosemite on pretty much any laptop or desktop? People even got it running on tablets like Surface Pro! The irony. The so called Ipad Pro doesn't even run it.

How are you gonna run FFXV without Bootcamp anyways? I don't think it will have a OSX port?

think-man said:
Im not much of a pc gamer but i would double dip an buy again on pc if it had significant improvements. I've heard a few FF have been terrible ports, not sure on the state of FF13

FFVII was done well for reference on PC. depends on the game and effort of the developers though, the best example that comes to mind is Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for PC, upgrade from 25 and slightly under sometimes Frames Per Second to a locked 60 FPS on PC, Upgraded cleaner and higher quality textures to both the land and character models, increased fidelity, increased shaders, you name it, pretty much a complete visual revamp for the better, that includes running at a much higher frame rate as well.

Although DD:DA is capcom, the reason I mention it is because Dogma has gameplay very near that of Final Fantasy XV.