By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The Quantum Break Metacritic/review thread, Current meta: 77

Are you buying Quantum Break?

No 265 54.87%

Yes, on Xbox One 115 23.81%

Yes, on PC 37 7.66%

Yes, on both platforms 12 2.48%

See Results 54 11.18%

Total:483

Well I'm off by 9 points as of now . . .

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Nah, mid 80s is unlikely, at this point. I can see it climbing back up to 80, but 10 points (or so)? Nah. I can say, I didn't see this coming!

iceland said:
UP TO 77! :-O xD

See, we're getting there!

First 100 boyz

IGN Sweden - 10/10

Goodnightmoon said:

So reviews say it feels more like a film than a game, is average as a shooter and has a bad ending even when the story is by far the most important element of the game...

Looks like another "next gen" masterpiece...

I still want to try it and it looks like the story and overall style of the game could be interesting, but my expectations were really low and this confirms why.

You forgot the platforming... its like a 3rd person shooter with platforming elements.

Hardcore Gamer - 3.5/10

God is a geek - 7/10

Shack news - 6/10

Telegraph - 3/5

Around the Network

Very surprised by this one. I predicted mid to high 80s due to the live action show, but this is pretty low by comparison.

Now the new batch of positive reviews

IGN Italy - 7.6/10

IGN Spain - 8/10

LevelUp - 8.3/10

AusGamers - 8.9/10

GamingTrend - 90/100

GamePlanet - 9.5/10

Goodnightmoon said:

So reviews say it feels more like a film than a game, is average as a shooter and has a bad ending part even when the story is by far the most important element of the game...

Looks like another "next gen" masterpiece.

I still want to try it and it looks like the story and overall style of the game could be interesting, but my expectations were pretty low and this confirms why.

People are trying different things at least. We always see clamour for new things but simulatenously we demand a product that is a result of iterative product design. If you were to start Assassin's Creed today it needs to be black flag or a more polished unity, anything before would be deemed too rudimental.

Not saying the score is unfair per se -- I haven't played it, but more indicative of a general trend. Another reason why development costs are rising, mid sized studios are dying and non-indie/download games are dwindling.

It's getting good scores overall.

The PS5 Exists. 

Eurogamer Poland - 9/10

Gamepro Germany - 88/100

ActionTrip - 8.4/10

EuroGamer Italy - 8/10

Meristation - 8/10

3Djuegos - 8/10

GameBlog - 4/5