By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Valkyrie Profile 3 after Star Ocean?

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/29/star-ocean-5-producer-already-plans-written-valkyrie-profile-3/

Maybe yes, if SO sales will be good. VP and VP 2 were my favourite games (together with SMT) so I would really like new one. Fingers crossed.

Around the Network

Didn't enjoy SO4 story but everything else was really fun. I beat the game did some of the floors in that extra dungeon until I got stuck on a boss and then I gave up and moved on. VP was an amazing game and one I almost gave up on because of all the reading at the beginning the story takes a while to build up also. Once it gets going though I didn't want to stop. I wish they would bring VP2 over to PS4 as well. I'll probably buy the remaster just to try and help give them an incentive to do it.

If we get another Valkyrie, I want the structure to be more like Lenneth. VP2 went the generic jrpg route and took another step back with the eiherjar, and then another step back with music. Outside of battle system VP2 was a big step back from Lenneth.

Btw, you could have made the thread title more exciting. As of right now it sounds like a questions of your vs official news of a VP3 proposal.

We're long overdue for another VP game. They're my favorite games from Tri-Ace.

Around the Network
method114 said:
Didn't enjoy SO4 story but everything else was really fun. I beat the game did some of the floors in that extra dungeon until I got stuck on a boss and then I gave up and moved on. VP was an amazing game and one I almost gave up on because of all the reading at the beginning the story takes a while to build up also. Once it gets going though I didn't want to stop. I wish they would bring VP2 over to PS4 as well. I'll probably buy the remaster just to try and help give them an incentive to do it.

Well, story and characters, at least some of them, were quite bad, if not completely retardet. But as you said, rest was pretty good.

WP2 for PS4 would be great, SO3 wouldn't be bad either. Maybe in future...

Xxain said:
If we get another Valkyrie, I want the structure to be more like Lenneth. VP2 went the generic jrpg route and took another step back with the eiherjar, and then another step back with music. Outside of battle system VP2 was a big step back from Lenneth.

I usually like games more story focused. And while Einherjar's story were good, they were just short episodes. Overall, story was quite nonexistant, maybe with exception of "True Ending". And that one was quite hidden. Of course, they could make some compromises. Like actual main story and recruiting with some shorter episodes like in VP1.

Xxain said:
Btw, you could have made the thread title more exciting. As of right now it sounds like a questions of your vs official news of a VP3 proposal.

I'm not taht good in making topics, I didn't want to sound it like it set in stone, if I get it right, Kobayashi has some plans in his head (or computer), not that the development already started. But if you has some better ideas about title, write it, I will change it.

Another JRPG we havnt seen since the PS2 is getting a new game?

Playstation 4 is legit the savior of JRPGs.

JRPGfan said:

Another JRPG we havnt seen since the PS2 is getting a new game?

Playstation 4 is legit the savior of JRPGs.

More like, the PS3 was a fatal blow to Japanese developers. Things are going back to near normal now.

There's also a line in there that tells you why it's not gonna happen

I played Valkyrie Profile 2 not long ago (2 or 3 years), I originally purchased it when it came out but struggled with it, traded it in. Then bought it again after a while and really enjoyed it once I got passed the weird difficulty spike I hit. The game was great and story good. I'd welcome a new one.

Hmm, pie.