By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Blizzard To Remove Tracer Pose From Overwatch Due To “Sex Symbol” Complaints

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
mornelithe said:

That's the story they tried to feed the masses, to try and curb the firestorm.  Few are buying it.

Are you telling us fewer people will buy the game cause blizzard removed one of the poses for a character for a game that is still  in beta ?

Buying, as in buying the excuse/coincidence.  I don't think this will noticeably impact their sales.

Around the Network

Pose looks alright; what they should be doing is switching the body paint for tactical pants.

Nice logic to the lunatics(probably third wave feminists) that spend their life complaining about trash like this. Apparently showing your butt(which is completely natural) is now sexist. Bravo dumbasses.

I also love how they portray it as women being the only ones who go through unnatural appearances in games. Men do as well...you usually don't see 400 pound men on the cover of games, right? You don't see men losing their heads. They understand this is a GAME.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

mornelithe said:

Third Wave feminist logic: oh, it isn't sexist when it happens to males. You guys have privileges, we don't, so it isn't sexist at all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Gotta love it when feminists decide what women can't be. In this case, "confidently sexy."

It's 2016, women shouldn't appear as fap-worthy material. But don't be ashamed of your body, or feel pressured by the patriarchy to wear "safe" clothes. Wear what you want and be confident in it, unless you're a fictional character; in that case, get into the progress box.

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
I can't believe this...

hope the industry doesn't follow

Seriously? - the industry has already been leading the way-  Blizard or any other company is not going to make changs to thier product due to 1 comment on a forum over the objections of its fans if the road to do so was not already paved- 

The only way it will not keep getting worse if for fans to not ut up w it-   It will not/has not stopped w a simple pose-  

Does somebody here find that pose sexy? Like how? Looks ridiculous to me.. I hope they read some old Playboy magazines and come up with something that's actually seductive and sexy. Then it's +1 sold game.

Wow, basically a nude sex scene in the game. crazy

I'd understand if it was every female character in the game but it isn't. There is nothing wrong with characters expressing sexuality, Blizzard should hold their ground on this one.

Prays no one clocks on to to how hot Nathan Drake is in the new Uncharted and force Naughty Dog into buttoning up his shirt.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
mornelithe said:

That's the story they tried to feed the masses, to try and curb the firestorm.  Few are buying it.

Are you telling us fewer people will buy the game cause blizzard removed one of the poses for a character for a game that is still  in beta ?

I think a better argument is that this guy has zero hype and are taking advantage of this to drum up attention. 

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.