By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - XCX saw a lot more censorship than you think

XCX is a huge game and since some time left people found a lot more cencorship in the game. Who knows maybe there could be even more

Around the Network

*localization

Dammit, since her entire butt wasn't visible, I am going to be outraged! I will return the game and get a new game.

0:58 made the costumes actually look better

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Thank God, those suits are really, really, really disgusting lol. I said my opinion regarding censorship many times, but I'll repeat the same. Cultural differences. Really, don't you think that wearing a thong while playing an open world RPG would be seen as... ridiculous and awful on the West? Let's not talk about having a 13 years old wearing a sexy outfit. For fuck's sake. I really like Japanese developers, but I can't really understand this... habit. This is a localization, you really have to adapt some minor things which might be bothersome for a lot of people here. And, really, having a 13 years old wearing THAT outfit would pissed me off.

I respect everyone's opinions about this. But, rest assured that if I was in charge of this localization, I'd probably change even more than the actual changes. There're some really awful and out of place costumes in XCX. Outfits that I used because they have better stats, but I found totally ridiculous to fight a gigantic boss with a high-school outfit lol.

Damn, that's a bunch of costumes edited. What a shame, I prefer these kind of things left untouched.

Around the Network

Oh no!!!! We didnt get as many slutty outfits, thats awful!!!!!

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

spemanig said:
*localization

Thank you.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

There's a key difference between censorship that changes the theming or characterization and censorship to cover up children. This is the latter.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Volterra_90 said:

Thank God, those suits are really, really, really disgusting lol. I said my opinion regarding censorship many times, but I'll repeat the same. Cultural differences. Really, don't you think that wearing a thong while playing an open world RPG would be seen as... ridiculous and awful on the West? Let's not talk about having a 13 years old wearing a sexy outfit. For fuck's sake. I really like Japanese developers, but I can't really understand this... habit. This is a localization, you really have to adapt some minor things which might be bothersome for a lot of people here. And, really, having a 13 years old wearing THAT outfit would pissed me off.

I respect everyone's opinions about this. But, rest assured that if I was in charge of this localization, I'd probably change even more than the actual changes. There're some really awful and out of place costumes in XCX. Outfits that I used because they have better stats, but I found totally ridiculous to fight a gigantic boss with a high-school outfit lol.

If we raised her age to 18? Almost no one would tell.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:

If we raised her age to 18? Almost no one would tell.

Look at her. She's definitely a child lol. They could tell me that Lin has 18 years old and I would laugh very hard.

I should say that I obviously dislike censorshipt when if affects the gameplay or the plot in a meaningful way. Obviously.