By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - metal gear solid ps3 bundle already selling out in japan

I hope it doesn't do this in America, cause I want one.

Around the Network

Before we start proclaiming MGS4 as a bonafide system seller a few things need to be answered.

1-Where else is the bundle available? The link shows the bundle has sold out at Konami's site only. Is it available at retail?

2-How many bundles were there in the first place?

The game not only will boost the hardware sales but definitely boosting other older games' sales on the ps3. Those people with who buy the bundle might wanna pick another one or 2 good games for his/her new ps3 ;)

I would imagine that this bundle would be made in a higher amount than the previous bundles as this game is the first Major PS3 title really... I always thought that it was the 80GB that Japan were getting in this bundle... Would make sense for Sony to have the 40GB and 80GB available in all regions!

Man why did I have to buy that MGS twin snakes used game the other day now I'm addicted =( I gotta buy a new PS2 and get the MGS collection or buy MGS 2 and 3 used, though I'm still not thrilled about MGS4 I am however keeping a close eye on it now, I like Snake as a young guy being a perv, I don't want a serious Snake and definitely don't want a dirty old perv snake, I just don't know how they would pull off MGS4 where I would like it =\ but if they do it would be the only reason I would buy a PS3 there for 1 more bundle sold, which I would probably play it, beat it then hoard the system and game till it becomes rare and make a profit by selling them XD.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
I_own_a_PS3 said:
Expect a 100k week for PS3 in Japan with the launch of MGS 4.

Yeah, me too. But I think even more. And since it's being released worldwide MGS is going to be the first Console-seller.

Allthough GT 5: Prologue will probably do well toom since it's bundled with a PS3 in Europe.