By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Quantum Break the new standard for emotion in character Graphics?

TheMessiah said:
Baryonyx said:

I don't care who played it, i have seen it with my own eyes just 2 days ago, The facial animation doesn't change just because you played it and not someone else. 
I didn't find that amazing as you and a few other's do, it's not the new standard of facial animation.. It looks way to much like plastic and their emotions feels plastic.. It's still good but come on.. Over-exeggerating thing is why people get dissapointed when they finally see it for themselves. 

Don't hype things to a level that it just can't back up.

Alright bro. No need to get offensive. If you don't agree with the media previews that's fine. No ones overexagerating. Quantum is getting high praise for its storytelling emotion. Namely character emotion. Its only a videogame bud. Its good that tech gets better and pushes forward. Or am I missing something here.

Yes, it's getting high praises for it's graphic's and that amazing plastic feel, i can't exactly print-screen the emotional movement's, so here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSp2zGeFc-8

If this game is getting crazy amount of praise for having the best Facial animation of all time, i will call it out as a payed PR, and it will be my first time doing so. Even Infamous second son had better overall graphic's.

The facial animation look good in the cutscenes, i will admit that but we all know it's pre-rendered and recorded, which allows them to improve whatever they want to make it look good, but in game? It looks pretty average for a Next.gen games.. 

Oh man, we are finally praising Cut-scenes again that isn't even in-game.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
TheMessiah said:

I'm confused.

The obvious comparison is TLOU, made by ND, the studio that make it part of their development philosophy. To ignore the very game that brought it to the fore negates any view this author has in terms of performance in games.

Some previews specifically mention TLOU, L.A Noire etc. Until Dawn to. And say Quantum Break is better. At least the first Act.

Baryonyx said:
TheMessiah said:

Alright bro. No need to get offensive. If you don't agree with the media previews that's fine. No ones overexagerating. Quantum is getting high praise for its storytelling emotion. Namely character emotion. Its only a videogame bud. Its good that tech gets better and pushes forward. Or am I missing something here.

Yes, it's getting high praises for it's graphic's and that amazing plastic feel, i can't exactly print-screen the emotional movement's, so here is a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSp2zGeFc-8

If this game is getting crazy amount of praise for having the best Facial animation of all time, i will call it out as a payed PR, and it will be my first time doing so. Even Infamous second son had better overall graphic's.

The facial animation look good in the cutscenes, i will admit that but we all know it's pre-rendered and recorded, which allows them to improve whatever they want to make it look good, but in game? It looks pretty average for a Next.gen games.. 

So when previews specifically say ingame the facial animations and characters are awesome that means cutscenes? I'm sorry but anyone can use YouTube to find a poor screen grab of any game. Even PC.

This bit following is controlled by the player in real time. Not a cutscene.

A flashlight wielded by one of the searchers shines through a slatted vent, casting dramatic shadows over the pair. I froze, fearing that they were about to be discovered and pumped full of lead.

Then I realized that they were terrified, too. It was evident from the looks on their faces. Will (played by Dominic Monaghan, the blond actor who portrayed Merry in The Lord of the Rings films) was staring at his sibling Jack (Canadian Shawn Ashmore, best known as Iceman from the X-Men movies), his eyes bulging, his open mouth working silently in a shifting ovoid of fear. 

TheMessiah said:

Some previews specifically mention TLOU, L.A Noire etc. Until Dawn to. And say Quantum Break is better. At least the first Act.

Where's talking about this preview. This one didn't and it's an obvious omition.

The PS5 Exists. 

TheMessiah said:
Baryonyx said:

So when previews specifically say ingame the facial animations and characters are awesome that means cutscenes? I'm sorry but anyone can use YouTube to find a poor screen grab of any game. Even PC.

If the game doesn't look as good as you glaim, sorry it is your claim and a 1:10:30 long Youtube video isn't good enough to prove it? If a recording isn't good enough, i will punch down a guy tomorrow, even record it and send it to the police and tell them they can't arrest me, cause it is a Poor-screen grab of reality.

A recording is the best evidence a person can get, there are plenty of these playthrough's but i bet you will dismiss them all. 

If you can't stay neutral in a discussion like this, where opinions doesn't hold volume, where logic and evidence is the only thing that matter, you have no reason to start a thread like this, basically since you created it as a question. 

Here is the reality, show me a video, where we can see this amazing Animation and all that SUPER NEXT GEN GRAPHICS that beats everything, it can't be cut-scenes, it need to be ingame.. NOW prove your claim for everyone. 

I am sure this is a amazing game but let us keep it real.

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Around the Network
TheMessiah said:
GribbleGrunger said:

The obvious comparison is TLOU, made by ND, the studio that make it part of their development philosophy. To ignore the very game that brought it to the fore negates any view this author has in terms of performance in games.

Yeah, from what I've seen QB has better facial animations that those games.

However, they aren't as good as the facial animations in Uncharted 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmD2MVlPGGk

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Baryonyx said:
TheMessiah said:

If the game doesn't look as good as you glaim, sorry it is your claim and a 1:10:30 long Youtube video isn't good enough to prove it? If a recording isn't good enough, i will punch down a guy tomorrow, even record it and send it to the police and tell them they can't arrest me, cause it is a Poor-screen grab of reality.

A recording is the best evidence a person can get, there are plenty of these playthrough's but i bet you will dismiss them all. 

If you can't stay neutral in a discussion like this, where opinions doesn't hold volume, where logic and evidence is the only thing that matter, you have no reason to start a thread like this, basically since you created it as a question. 

Here is the reality, show me a video, where we can see this amazing Animation and all that SUPER NEXT GEN GRAPHICS that beats everything, it can't be cut-scenes, it need to be ingame.. NOW prove your claim for everyone. 

I am sure this is a amazing game but let us keep it real.

Your entitled to your opinion of course. I completely agree with the media on visuals. The facial animations are awesome. And the segment I played in London was alot better visually than any other Xbox One game to date. In many areas.

Normchacho said:
TheMessiah said:

Yeah, from what I've seen QB has better facial animations that those games.

However, they aren't as good as the facial animations in Uncharted 4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmD2MVlPGGk

Well I haven't played UC4 yet. But the facial stuff in this video isn't as realistic as QB that I played. Something looks off on the timing. I just did a check and UC4 has no Facial animation capture. Hmmm.

I'm out. This thread is pure fantasy.

The PS5 Exists. 

Damn that YouTube clip Baryonyx posted looks good! I don't know I those facial expressions set a new standard, but they are indeed top quality. It's clearly a game but those characters look living and show emotion. Won't be a long wait anymore 😋