By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can the fake NX controller actually help out Nintendo with hype?

Remember a few years ago people were so happy that the PS4 can play used games and isn't always connected online (like every system since the NES) but when it was offically confirmed  people were so thankful for it and it just helped the PS4 with hype.

Now that it's confirmed that the NX controller is a fake and there is a good chance the legit controller will have buttons and won't be oval will it help Nintendo in the long run? It was like seeing what would hurt NX sales but then being told it was a dream.

What you think?

Around the Network

Nothing could ever give Nintendo more love than them introducing a regular controller for the NX at this point I think.

It already has I'm sure. It's exciting because NX is a risky console by the way Iwata and Kimishima describe it. It's gonna be hyped up until its unveiling.

Certainly it has raised a lot of interest and expectations.

Hype? Not necessarily. Mind space? Definitely.

Around the Network
Meelow said:

Remember a few years ago people were so happy that the PS4 can play used games and isn't always connected online (like every system since the NES) but when it was offically confirmed  people were so thankful for it and it just helped the PS4 with hype.

Now that it's confirmed that the NX controller is a fake and there is a good chance the legit controller will have buttons and won't be oval will it help Nintendo in the long run? It was like seeing what would hurt NX sales but then being told it was a dream.

What you think?

Oh! I like the way you put it!

Well, that thread on VGCHARTZ about the fake controller has obtained nearly 500 posts! and nearly 20 000 views! 

If anything, I think the HYPE has just raised the bar! Everyone was talking about the fake controller. 

Who knows what other rumors that will pop up before Nintendo reveals the NX! and who knows if it will be big as this one!

Then there's also Nintendo X Smartphones, Pokemon Sun and Moon, Pokemon GO and Zelda Wii U! 

The HYPE for Nintendo is big! The only way that it WOULDN'T help Nintendo is if that they don't deliver the NX or these games the way the "HYPE" wants it to be. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Possibly, but this definitely can raise expectations, or lower then at the same time

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Possibly, but this definitely can raise expectations, or lower then at the same time

Yeah, it lowered mine. Now I'll be happy to just see actual buttons.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Not really.

That helped Sony because people have really high expectations based on their past.
People knew Sony wouldn't block used games and require always online drm.

Now with Nintendo some people actually believed the pics.

LipeJJ said:
Platina said:

Yeah, it lowered mine. Now I'll be happy to just see actual buttons.

Then I guess it worked out well then! :D

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]