By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What is so bad about keeping all your games and peripherals, just to upgrade the box (PS4 to PS4.5)?

Aeolus451 said:
Ruler said:

Its selling well? to what? PS4 install base isnt as huge in comparison to PC and android devices. Its better to adapt now and to compete with these markets than being taken over by them

Yes, it's selling well in it's market and doesn't need to try to compete against PC or smartphones directly. PC hasn't done shit to consoles yet and smart phones could never play serious games with it being affordable. The PS4 will sell over 100 million. Sony is already playing around with all of these different features that could expand it's user to unprecented levels but we'll have to wait and see how that plays out but changing how the console gens work by dicking around with upgraded versions of a console is likely a recipe for disaster. 

Mobile killed handhelds.

And lot of former console gamers switched to PC you can read it in countless forums. Statistics have also shown that the ps4 and xbox one gained a lot of people who havent owned consoles before. This is mainly dueto people who quite gaming for a long time and gamers from none western countries mainly from asia.

So yeah the ps4 gained a lot of new owners but it also lost a lot of former console gamers

Around the Network

If people had to buy another 300 dollar console to play games compatible only with this 4.5 hardware, that would be problematic... At least to some people. That would just be a real annoyance.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Ruler said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

5 years and 4 months for Japan. 5 and 6 months for NA.

That isn't justification for your false claim that console cycles are usually 4 years. Because the quickest transition for Sony is still 16-18 months longer than that.

I said almost

4 years isn't almost when the average has been 6 and a half years. And as said, Sony every time has released a slim version in the 3rd year of the consoles life, so it'll probably come this year if history is any indication, if it's an Upgraded PS4 it would be well and truly an awful decision. If it's just a slim PS4 that has 4K media output and smoother UI/loading times then that's fine for me.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

My problem is that the PS4 has nowhere near even touched on the idea of being worth it's value. Out of my 34 games for it only 10 of them are not cross-generation titles or remake/port.

So it hasn't been worth it so far and they are already gonna make my system obsolete when i could have just waited.

If a PS4K will be released, I will buy it; that's for sure ! I think it's a smart move, and you give people the possibility to choose the SKU they prefer.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network

If it's just a 4K device, i'll be keeping my current PS4. I'm not even bothering with 4K, until tv shows and such start to be broadcast in it.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ruler said:

I said almost

4 years isn't almost when the average has been 6 and a half years. And as said, Sony every time has released a slim version in the 3rd year of the consoles life, so it'll probably come this year if history is any indication, if it's an Upgraded PS4 it would be well and truly an awful decision. If it's just a slim PS4 that has 4K media output and smoother UI/loading times then that's fine for me.

i said normal console circle , almost. Which refers to console gaming as a whole.  And Sonys normal circle is 5 years

Ruler said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

i said normal console circle , almost. Which refers to console gaming as a whole.  And Sonys normal circle is 5 years

How can you say their normal console cycle is 5 years, when their first gen was 5 and a half, then 6, then 8? 

4 Years is way too short for the modern console. Sony's never done it, microsoft did it once but then took 9 years. And Nintendo even took 6 years between Wii and Wii U, and 5 years on their 'failed' Gamecube. 

I'm a huge playstation guy, but if this is a significant upgrade it's a definite mistake. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ruler said:

How can you say their normal console cycle is 5 years, when their first gen was 5 and a half, then 6, then 8? 

4 Years is way too short for the modern console. Sony's never done it, microsoft did it once but then took 9 years. And Nintendo even took 6 years between Wii and Wii U, and 5 years on their 'failed' Gamecube. 

I'm a huge playstation guy, but if this is a significant upgrade it's a definite mistake. 

When Started the first generation ?, on 1972, the Eight generation started on 2012, 40 Years for 7 Generations,  40/7 = 5.7 Years per Generation, with the 2th and 7th generation being the longest, with 7 Years before any next gen console arrive, the Average of generation is 5-6 Years, there is really no Reason for Sony, to release a new console with 2 years of Generation, is better make the Console, and wait some years until is cheaper for the consumer, and to produce.

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ruler said:

its 1 year difference where is it too short? It wasd still 5 years not 6 years. And from the SNES to the PS1 its also only 5 years or even less