By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Console Gamers Are More Excited For VR Than PC Gamers

interesting

Own:Nes,Snes,N64,Gamecube,Wii,WiiU,Gameboy Pocket,Gameboy Advance SP,DS,DSi,3DS XL,Sega Genesis,Sega Dreamcast,PS1,PS2,PS3,PSP,PSVita and Xbox 360.

Looking to get: Original Xbox 

A significant portion of my soul died with the first "SMT X FE" footage reveal.

Add me on PSN: afnanthekooltrex 

Check out my YouTube channel:  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzZ6P0251NWOf7WUTsHmw_Q

Around the Network

Theyve stolen the thunder.

I think 49% interest among all gamers is very good considering there are hundreds of millions of gamers out there. But I suspect when people do factor in price the interest drops well below 20%, which is possibly still a decent enough potential market. But I think it's too small a potential market for a strictly competitve approach to make any one VR platform viable. the VR platform holders need to assist 3rd parties to develop games that will work on all VR platforms (well maybe not the Samsung cellphone one) so that the user base as a whole grows and publishers feel there is a large enough market that's worth the effort. With the potential fragmentation of the PC market if there are games that only compatible with one headset that will be a problem for all headsets.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Well, interest =/= intent to buy. However, considering this looks like THE new, next-gen thing people have been looking for in 8th gen...

It's because consoles have no gamez, so naturally they're always craving for the next big thing.

PC gamers have no time for VR, they need to play more Rocket League.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
vivster said:
It's because consoles have no gamez, so naturally they're always craving for the next big thing.

. . . but more people on consoles have Rocket League.

TheGoldenBoy said:
vivster said:

. . . but more people on consoles have Rocket League.

Yeah, but they can't play it because it's not 144fps. It's sad really. I just hope VR comes soon so they have something new to play.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

72% of 55 million = 40 million console headsets forecast
51% of 2 billion = 1 billion PC headsets forecast
This vr thing is on fire!

No suprise if the pc vrs are charging people 100s of €

Ruler said:
No suprise if the pc vrs are charging people 100s of €

Because no one ever buys premium products of experiences.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"