By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if NX is a VR device?

The smart money is on Nintendo not tring another Wii U/Gamecube type console. They probably can't compete against the PC/PS4/X1 combo most 3rd party devs like. 

So what's the best option. Pull off another Wii. 

The Wii launched at a very cheap and affordable price. It wasn't graphic intense but it was fun, beinging motion controls to the mainstream. It was unique and worth getting whether you were young, old, hardcore or casual because it provided a unique party like experience at home. 

Motion controls are no longer the thing. So what's the next fad? Remember Nintendo would have decided this at least 2 years ago. They may well have come to the consclusion of pulling another Wii expect instead of motion controls it will be VR. 

So what if Nintendo create a really cheap Wii esque VR machine that launches at $249 and plays games in VR at Wii level graphics. It could take off and become the next big thing. 

Thoughts? 

Around the Network

I really hope not. I'm predicting a NetfliX-type service.

Not a chance.

That would be a great troll move.

The VGC meltdowns would be real.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

AR yes, VR no.

Cubedramirez said:
AR yes, VR no.

Nintendo would do some AR thing. That would be a very nintendo-like move. I don't know if AR is ready yet. All we know is Nintendo is going to keep the price down low. Because that's what they do.

Oh no. The threads. They're merging!

That would be awesome... Maybe a vr/ar hybrid... Somehow.

That has same probability of happening as god being real.