I'm gonna make a snow man. 0 0%

Snow angel for me. 0 0%

Time for some hot cocoa. 0 0%

Maybe. 1 2.50%

It's pretty cool... 0 0%

Finally, a no answer. 2 5.00%

Total:40
pokoko said:

I've started a manga titled Hatsukoi Zombie.  No, it's not horror, don't get excited.  In fact, the premise is so silly and convoluted that it kind of makes me chuckle thinking about it.  

The protagonist is a 15 year old boy known for his "low energy" way of life.  He doesn't want to be bothered by things like romance.  However, one day he gets bonked on the head with a baseball hit by his pretty and athletic childhood friend.  When he wakes up, a girl is floating over him.  Actually, girls are floating around most guys in school, though only he can see them.  He determines that they are "first love zombies," representations of each guy's ideal girl manifested as their first love.  It seems that his zombie girl is derived from a classmate he liked in kindergarten, imagined "grown up".

Can you guess what happens next?  That's right, it's transfer student time.

Things get weird and very troublesome after that.

I've read this some time ago actually, though I stopped after 2 chapters. I felt quite bad for the protagonist when he learned his 1st crush was actually a guy, and his desperate attempt to be rid of his love ghost went so poorly. I couldn't go on after that. Also, I wasn't sure where the story could go from here, so I just left it at that. Re-reading it again, I forgot how ecchi this manga was, haha.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
pokoko said:

I've started a manga titled Hatsukoi Zombie.  No, it's not horror, don't get excited.  In fact, the premise is so silly and convoluted that it kind of makes me chuckle thinking about it.  

The protagonist is a 15 year old boy known for his "low energy" way of life.  He doesn't want to be bothered by things like romance.  However, one day he gets bonked on the head with a baseball hit by his pretty and athletic childhood friend.  When he wakes up, a girl is floating over him.  Actually, girls are floating around most guys in school, though only he can see them.  He determines that they are "first love zombies," representations of each guy's ideal girl manifested as their first love.  It seems that his zombie girl is derived from a classmate he liked in kindergarten, imagined "grown up".

Can you guess what happens next?  That's right, it's transfer student time.

Things get weird and very troublesome after that.

I've read this some time ago actually, though I stopped after 2 chapters. I felt quite bad for the protagonist when he learned his 1st crush was actually a guy, and his desperate attempt to be rid of his love ghost went so poorly. I couldn't go on after that. Also, I wasn't sure where the story could go from here, so I just left it at that. Re-reading it again, I forgot how ecchi this manga was, haha.

I think the main thing for me is that I like the main character.  He's funny and different.  He's also not all gung-ho about doing "the right thing" all the time.  

As for the story, I think what piqued my interest was that the transfer student can see the zombies, too, and was not very thrilled about being the model for one.  Not the main character's finest moment.  

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

I think the main thing for me is that I like the main character.  He's funny and different.  He's also not all gung-ho about doing "the right thing" all the time.  

As for the story, I think what piqued my interest was that the transfer student can see the zombies, too, and was not very thrilled about being the model for one.  Not the main character's finest moment.  

Yeah, I didn't get that far to learn about that, but now I do, as well as another secret about the transfer student. Not sure if you got to that part yet. Also, darn am I into this manga this 2nd time around.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
pokoko said:

Yeah, I didn't get that far to learn about that, but now I do, as well as another secret about the transfer student. Not sure if you got to that part yet. Also, darn am I into this manga this 2nd time around.

Yep, the reverse-surprise was nice!  I was being careful in case you didn't know about that.  The relationship between the two of them is fun.  I do feel bad for Ibusuki, though.  Being in that position growing up must have been fairly traumatic.  

I know it's the most questionable part of the manga but that kid who has a crush on the athletic girl cracks me up.  He looks so innocent.

Eve becoming self-aware is interesting, too.

pokoko said:
Cloudman said:

Yep, the reverse-surprise was nice!  I was being careful in case you didn't know about that.  The relationship between the two of them is fun.  I do feel bad for Ibusuki, though.  Being in that position growing up must have been fairly traumatic.  

I know it's the most questionable part of the manga but that kid who has a crush on the athletic girl cracks me up.  He looks so innocent.

Eve becoming self-aware is interesting, too.

Oh, are you talking about Tarou's kid brother? I thought that was pretty cute too. I like how his crush ghost wasn't made perverted in any way. It's a nice change from the usual lewd ones hanging around. That is until it almost became one from watching that sexy beach commercial. Nice save big bro.

Also, yeah, for a 5 year old, that would be quite tramatic to see, especially thinly or oddly dressed ones. To live that long seeing that everywhere must have been tough.

I'm a fan of the otaku/gyaru pairing myself. Despite their odd pairing, they're quite cute and pure together. The things he said at the end when they got together were really sweet too

Dance my pretties!

Around the Network

Hatsukoi Zombie ch. 18  --  I died.  That was hilarious.  I feel SO BAD for Ibusuki but that was hilarious.  The look in Taro's eyes ...

Really, I like all the main characters.  Ibusuki, Ebino, and Taro, they're all great in their own way.  

Cloudman said:

Oh, are you talking about Tarou's kid brother? I thought that was pretty cute too. I like how his crush ghost wasn't made perverted in any way. It's a nice change from the usual lewd ones hanging around. That is until it almost became one from watching that sexy beach commercial. Nice save big bro.

Also, yeah, for a 5 year old, that would be quite tramatic to see, especially thinly or oddly dressed ones. To live that long seeing that everywhere must have been tough.

I'm a fan of the otaku/gyaru pairing myself. Despite their odd pairing, they're quite cute and pure together. The things he said at the end when they got together were really sweet too

I liked that pairing a lot.  They both had personality as opposed to being the generic high school students like the previous pair.  That it ended up with them agreeing to just be themselves without changing was perfect.

I've been meaning to post this, but there's another new chapter of New Game! I did find it funny how the dad speaks using arrows with messages attached.

But I also wanna know why he's just... hanging around in the bushes like that xD

Dance my pretties!

Also, I figured I'd toss in a manga I've been reading lately, called Colorful Macchiato! - Mahou Shoujo wa Tatakawanai. It's a 4 koma magical girl manga. Nothing heroic or serious like Sailor Moon or Madoka Magica, but just girls who can become magical girls and do club activities as magical girls. It's goofy and pokes fun at the genre. It gave me some laughs.

Dance my pretties!

pokoko said:

Hatsukoi Zombie ch. 18  --  I died.  That was hilarious.  I feel SO BAD for Ibusuki but that was hilarious.  The look in Taro's eyes ...

Really, I like all the main characters.  Ibusuki, Ebino, and Taro, they're all great in their own way.  

Cloudman said:

I liked that pairing a lot.  They both had personality as opposed to being the generic high school students like the previous pair.  That it ended up with them agreeing to just be themselves without changing was perfect.

Haha yeah, I remember the crazy look she had in that one page in the previous chapter. Her expression did look pretty funny, haha. She is quite a sly character. I thought it was comically terrible how she played the victim and muttered how she has to keep her title as the '1st love killer'

Dance my pretties!

Cloudman said:

Also, I figured I'd toss in a manga I've been reading lately, called Colorful Macchiato! - Mahou Shoujo wa Tatakawanai. It's a 4 koma magical girl manga. Nothing heroic or serious like Sailor Moon or Madoka Magica, but just girls who can become magical girls and do club activities as magical girls. It's goofy and pokes fun at the genre. It gave me some laughs.

That's awfully cute.  I need to remember this one.