By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is PSVR already a success??

naruball said:
BraLoD said:

Outisde of the very first months with no real big apples to Japan as games, the PS4 is doing good.

All in all, it's tracking ahead the PS3 launch to date, it may be not as much as on their pick, but they are not struggling at all, performing better than last gen is a good thing, and the biggest games of this year have yet to come.

I disagree. Just because ps3 struggled even more doesn't mean ps4 is doing well in Japan. 3ds did well. Ps4 is simply doing ok, but struggling in Japan the way 3ds is struggling in Europe.

Have to agree with naruball.

Around the Network
GamechaserBE said:
naruball said:

I disagree. Just because ps3 struggled even more doesn't mean ps4 is doing well in Japan. 3ds did well. Ps4 is simply doing ok, but struggling in Japan the way 3ds is struggling in Europe.

Have to disagree with naruball.

Sprash said:
GamechaserBE said:

Have to disagree with naruball.

I don't have to agree with naruball, nor do I have to agree with naruball.

BraLoD said:
naruball said:
Nope. ps4 was also sold out in a matter of minutes in Japan when it was up for pre-order and we all know how much it has struggled there.

Unless we know some numbers, being out of stock doesn't really mean anything.

Outisde of the very first months with no real big apples to Japan as games, the PS4 is doing good.

All in all, it's tracking ahead the PS3 launch to date, it may be not as much as on their pick, but they are not struggling at all, performing better than last gen is a good thing, and the biggest games of this year have yet to come.

Yes, this is a good year for Japan, Final Fantasy XV, Dragon Quest XI (coming also for 3DS), and Persona 5, the Playstation 4, will have a Good YOY Growth this year.

naruball said:
BraLoD said:

Yeh let's totally ignore the fact that home console sales across the board have been diminishing in Japan whilst handheld consoles still hold significant relevance there.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
It's launch could be if our own polls are anything to go by. It's long term success will depend on how much game support it has.

And how it ACTUALLY feels to have it on. I bet those who pre odered obviously haven't tried it on. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

And what are people's expectations of sales to call it a success?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
And what are people's expectations of sales to call it a success?

More than the predecessor, and only time will tell if Street Fighter, will achieve it, the game will have 5 Years of Support, so no one knows, but the First Weeks, as i saw on the other post, was nearly the same as Street Fighter IV's launch for PS3, but the sales decreased a lot faster after that, maybe because of the poor launch.

yes its sold out on amazon, they make a profit with each unit

No, pre orders don't mean alot