By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR 'You Can't Drop Under 60 FPS Ever.'

19:09 by Ben Lang
"Reprojection is now required. You can't drop under 60 FPS ever. If you submit a game to us dropping down to 30 FPS, you'll probably get rejected. There's no excuse for not hitting framerate. We'll help you do this of course."

19:10 by Ben Lang
"Having a high framerate and dropping down is not acceptable. 60Hz minimum required."

http://www.roadtovr.com/gdc-2016-sony-playstation-vr-development-and-innovations-live-blog-11am-pst/

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

I guess this is good, honestly though 60 as a minimum is still too low.

60 is to low/90 should be minimal, 60 can only be okay in slowish games maybe a horror game like P.T. would be okay but 60 in ace combat or a racing game will end up making people sick.

Good. How else is VR going to be a competent experience if the framerate keeps breaking the steady, life-like immersion which will probably be so heavily advertised?

bet: lost

It needs to hit 60fps consistently for reprojection to 120fps to work. Torn frames and missed frames will be very noticeable if not. Animations in the games will run at 60fps, lateral movement (head tracking) will update at 120fps to avoid motion sickness.

Around the Network

Why? Our eyes can't see faster than 24fps!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

60FPS is still not 120FPS :)

GamechaserBE said:
60 is to low/90 should be minimal, 60 can only be okay in slowish games maybe a horror game like P.T. would be okay but 60 in ace combat or a racing game will end up making people sick.

This is 60fps before reprojection. So an effective 120hz.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

TH-Work said:
60FPS is still not 120FPS :)

yeah and 78.5*2/3+5FPS is also not 65*3/2-40.5+(1/3)FPS :)

If games on PS4 struggle to sometimes hit 900p 30 fps, I'm at a loss. What sort of graphics are we talking about? last gen visuals?