By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Happy Bday, Gothic !

Tagged games:

15 years and still the KING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCtV4DYZkK0

Around the Network

Yep, still the king.

While I think that open-world action-RPGs have never really peaked (unlike some other genres) and there is (in theory) still a lot of possible growth (in terms of quality of games), I'm afraid with mainstreaming we're getting further and further away from proper games in genre, but Gothic still stands firmly after all these years as the very best.

Piranha Bytes should really do remake of at least first 2 games...I posted just yesterday video of Enlighten tech that would fit in Gothic perfectly:

HoloDust said:

Piranha Bytes should really do remake of at least first 2 games...

We don't need no stinkin' double-dipping remakes...we have free mods for that ;)

View on YouTube

Conina said:
HoloDust said:

Piranha Bytes should really do remake of at least first 2 games...

We don't need no stinkin' double-dipping remakes...we have free mods for that ;)

View on YouTube

Yeah, I have them all installed.

Still, I would love to see the remakes (with all the modern tech, specially dynamic ambient lighting, since Gothics are heavy on light/darkness), cause, and I already talked about that a bit, unless someone like PB pops up out of nowhere, like they did back in days with Gothic, I doubt we'll see anything as good as Gothics for a long, long time...or maybe ever.

Still best open world RPG, by a mile.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.