By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR price: $399/€399/£349+more in OP, coming October

teigaga said:
spemanig said:

If it's optional for Battlefront and NMS, I don't really care about that 50% lmao

Has No Mans Sky been confirmed for VR?

No

Around the Network

I'm seeing people declare their intent to buy this after seeing the price... Shouldn't you guys take a look at the games that are compatible with this thing first?

wow amazing price especially for Europe and Japan, no unfair Exchange rate usury. Good Guy Sony acts like a Global Company has to run a business for its consumers worldwide

KLAMarine said:
I'm seeing people declare their intent to buy this after seeing the price... Shouldn't you guys take a look at the games that are compatible with this thing first?

We've been looking at the compatible games for this thing for two god damn years. It's time for Sony to just let us have them.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
small44 said:

Harcore gamer will buy it even if it's 1000$.

Not many of them though...

If short-term Sony expectation of VR is not too ambitious and it get a good support ,when they will lower the price core gamer will start to buy it.  

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

I'm not really sold on VR...enough to buy PSVR for that price or anything higher than $200. I know this particular tech is expensive but I've not seen enough to really invest in something like this. Maybe down the line several years later, but if I were to only buy 2-3 games (along with buying a PS4 in which $299 is still not cheap for someone under a budget), I don't think its worth it at this moment in time.

Hot damn! Sony is in a real sweet spot to capture the majority of the market share for VR. :)

ReimTime said:
BraLoD said:
549 for CAD? CAD is that devalueted?

Currently at 0.75 which is higher than it has been recently :-p they must be predicting that it will be in the gutter because PS4 was only $50 more. Yet now they want $150 more? My ass! I'll just tape my monitor to my face fml

Hehehe

Australian Price: $549,95
https://www.playstation.com/en-au/explore/playstation-vr/