By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4/PC: I Am Setsuna

I know nothing about this title but figured some of you retrobates might:

http://www.iamsetsuna.com/us/

At this year’s Game Developers Conference, the newest studio within the Square Enix, Tokyo RPG Factory, revealed its debut title — I AM SETSUNA. The title is slated for digital release for the west this Summer on the PS4 and Steam. 

Led by director Atsushi Hashimoto, Tokyo RPG Factory aims to capture the narrative depth, impactful storytelling and masterful character development inspired by the golden era of Japanese role-playing games and bring them to current hardware and technology.

What’s really interesting here is that the game’s battle system will be inspired by the classic hit CHRONO TRIGGER.

I AM SETSUNA aims to bring back authentic RPG gameplay, beautiful art design and a sorrowful story to the new generation.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/i-am-setsuna-new-jrpg-from-square-enix-with-battle-system-inspired-by-chrono-trigger/

'The title is slated for digital release for the west this summer on the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Steam®.'

I think this is footage of the game:

View on YouTube

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Ah so Setsuna not only has a release window here but is confirmed for Steam
Sure Vita owners are pissed though.. whats new??

ktay95 said:

Is it actually called 'I am Sensuna'? I wasn't sure. I've added a gameplay vid so can you confirm it's the same game?

The PS5 Exists. 

Thats old old footage from 2015. The real game will probably look better.
Im glad its on steam too.

Game gives me those old school turn based rpg feels.

Hope it does well in the west.

Here is a newer video (video compression by the uploader isnt fantastic though):

* watch this video, and tell me the sound track isnt fantastic too... :D

GribbleGrunger said:
ktay95 said:

Is it actually called 'I am Sensuna'? I wasn't sure. I've added a gameplay vid so can you confirm it's the same game?

Maybe thts its western name, dont know

Around the Network

It looks great!

No vita release?

That sucks...was really looking forward to playing it in college when I had the chance :(

Guess I'll go with the ps4 version down the road.

ktay95 said:

Maybe thts its western name, dont know

Thanks. I knew so little about this game that I wasn't sure whether 'I am Sensuna' was a follow up or spin off of 'Sensuna'.

The PS5 Exists. 

I like the artstyle...
the way some colours bleed into one another, or the transistions if you will, remind me abit of a water painting.

Its a subtle effect, so its by no means distracting or offputting, I think it works nicely.

What a terrible name. And terrible choice of skipping Vita! Boothisman.jpg.