By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo's 2016 E3 Digital Event Leak/Rumor

That's got to be one of the weakest rumors of all time. Seriously, it's not even fun. Plus, at this point people should know that it would be impossible to determine exactly what will happen at E3, which is still 3 months away. Especially regarding Nintendo... it's well known that they decide some things at the latest moment.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

I doubt the next Metroid, even made by retro would be called Metroid prime 4.

I think it will be Metroid prime and a sub title.

But what makes this especially fake is the desciption of the NX. It's a portable that can stream to the TV? But you can use a regular controller with it aswell? And it uses cartdriges?!
The horror would be real.

Ljink96 said:

Deluxe has nothing to do with anything though. WiiU at least had ties to something gaming related or in its past consoles. Plus, we aren't talking about Wii U at the moment, we're talking NX.

Yeah, I was just joking. Nintendo Deluxe would be a really awful name, there's a lot of names which come to my mind which are more... commercial.

Let's do this systematically:
The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Guardian: Name sucks
Nintendo Deluxe: Name freaking sucks balls
Super Mario Crescent: Name sounds weird
Donkey Kong Machenes: No, it is spelled 'machines' not 'machenes' and paper mache, really?
Metroid Prime IV: I really don't think Retro is doing another Metroid
The others: could be, but easy to put in a rumor.

Yeah, totally fake

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

JEMC said:
Ljink96 said:

Deluxe has nothing to do with anything though. WiiU at least had ties to something gaming related or in its past consoles. Plus, we aren't talking about Wii U at the moment, we're talking NX.

There is no way Nintendo (or anyone else) would launch a console named Deluxe. But there could be a SKU named Deluxe, just like the 32GB Wii U was the deluxe pack.

SKU_1: NX Home Console with a traditional gamepad for $300 (roughly what PS4/X1 will cost at the end of this year)

SKU_2: NX Handheld, which also acts as a controller for the home console, for $150-200.

SKU_3: The "Deluxe" Pack that contains both the home and handheld consoles, but without the traditional controller, for $400.

Not only would that give us access to the machine we want (some may go for the handheld, some for the home console), but it also gives those who want to get both machines an option to get them, and with the false idea that they are saving money at the same time.

I like this.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:
Fake as evidenced by the terrible names for everything.

This is exactly what I was thinking.  Most of these leaks are given away by the terrible naming they give the games.  Not all of the names Nintendo gives their own games are amazing (Sun & Moon is almost on that level, as well as a few of the titles of the Kirby games), but some go way beyond.  Super Mario Crescent being one of them.  The other being the Hyrule Guardian.  It's the worst one for simply being a title that has no place being in a Zelda game, but especially one this late into the series.

JEMC said:

There is no way Nintendo (or anyone else) would launch a console named Deluxe. But there could be a SKU named Deluxe, just like the 32GB Wii U was the deluxe pack.

SKU_1: NX Home Console with a traditional gamepad for $300 (roughly what PS4/X1 will cost at the end of this year)

SKU_2: NX Handheld, which also acts as a controller for the home console, for $150-200.

SKU_3: The "Deluxe" Pack that contains both the home and handheld consoles, but without the traditional controller, for $400.

Not only would that give us access to the machine we want (some may go for the handheld, some for the home console), but it also gives those who want to get both machines an option to get them, and with the false idea that they are saving money at the same time.

Oh god I hope Nintendo does this if NX is a hybrid but it seems too sensible, so they probably won't :(

I like a good rumor as much as the next guy, but put a little effort into it. I highly doubt that Nintendo has even finalized the digital event, and there's a good chance there won't be one this year.

I was going to call fake by the names alone, buuuuut I then I remember the NEW 3DS. Even without the names still seems fake