By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

This is the second month in a row where where Xbox One was down YoY and PS4 was up YoY. So that just causes the gap to inflate quicker. The second part of the the question I asked earlier is: Has the Xbox One peaked?

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
This is the second month in a row where where Xbox One was down YoY and PS4 was up YoY. So that just causes the gap to inflate quicker. The second part of the the question I asked earlier is: Has the Xbox One peaked?

Slim version can still save the year. So no, I dont think so.

The scary thing is though that neither has the PS4 (I think 2017 is the PS4s peak).

DonFerrari said:
Another bizarre MS PR... talking about increase in playing hours... reality must be kicking hard

Sony spinned in last gen.

CosmicSex said:
See, this is why the holidays matter less and less. The PS4 is already up by like 250k over the Xbox One in just the first two months. By November, can we expect Sony to have pack on another million to the gap?

Easily. I think the overall gap by the end of this year will be 3m - 3.5m

The PS5 Exists. 

OK thanks to the chart made by ryou from gaf showing off retail sales of all 3 FE SKUs including the special edition, it all adds up to 315k. About 47k (15%%) were from the special edition which wasn't included as double sales because it would mean FE did 362k.

Wgat does this all mean? FE definitely sold alot more but 2nd download and special edition doesn't count as sales.

Your welcome thread :p

Around the Network

Just wanted to point out that this month almost had higher weekly numbers then Destiny month.

Destiny September: 538k/5 108k a week (300k was Destiny bundles)
Feb 2016 ~405k/4 ~101k a week

Next month with The Division should be great, but XB1 has the bundles instead.

Farsala said:

Just wanted to point out that this month almost had higher weekly numbers then Destiny month.

Destiny September: 538k/5 108k a week (300k was Destiny bundles)
Feb 2016 ~405k/4 ~101k a week

Next month with The Division should be great, but XB1 has the bundles instead.

The XBO Division bundle is priced at $399 though. I don't think that bundle will have that large of an effect as it should have.

tbone51 said:
OK thanks to the chart made by ryou from gaf showing off retail sales of all 3 FE SKUs including the special edition, it all adds up to 315k. About 47k (15%%) were from the special edition which wasn't included as double sales because it would mean FE did 362k.

Wgat does this all mean? FE definitely sold alot more but 2nd download and special edition doesn't count as sales.

You mean the chart made by me. 

ZhugeEX said:
tbone51 said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

tbone51 said:
ZhugeEX said:

Oh shit!  I forgot all ryou is is one of your followers, pls forgive my foolishness! 

lol, don't worry. I don't really care :P