By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware estimates up!

LTD gap:

Around the Network

Hopefully nintendo gives us dlc sales so we can get the full picture of FE sales. As of now

US 400k
Japan 550k (most likely more)

WW probably a million now. Awakening last known was 1.8mil. And finally these numbers don't include buying the game as dlc, which means we can potentially be looking at around 1.5mil-1.8mil without Europe right now. (us around 600k-700k?)

So PS4 sales are up ~104k (+~20%) already this year, while XB1 sales are down ~48k (-~11%) this year so far.

Damn, what an awesome month for PS4!

Another bizarre MS PR... talking about increase in playing hours... reality must be kicking hard

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
LesserAmygdala said:
Vgchartz were way off for some games this month, weren't they?

PS4 continues to obliterate. I think the PS3 somewhat made us forget how ridiculously dominant the PlayStation consoles are. The PS4 is continuing the legacy of its first two older brothers.

Fire Emblem has become one of Nintendo's A-List franchises. So well deserved. Really a fantastic series.

Was hoping for some Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth numbers but i guess not. Even vgchartz doesn't have any for the US for some reason :/

Overall a great month. I can only imagine what the PS4 will do when Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV, Horizon Zero Dawn, Gran Turismo Sports, Kingdom Hearts 3 and the such start hitting the stores' shelves.

This...

poklane said:

So PS4 sales are up ~104k (+~20%) already this year, while XB1 sales are down ~48k (-~11%) this year so far.

Sony just seem to keep making the right moves. Holding recruitment for ex-Lionhead developers, being very receptive to indie developers, securing exclusivity/marketing deals with important franchises, deal with Kojima, Shenmue III, putting out big hitters(Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, R&C) outside the holiday season as to avoid being eaten up by the major AAA third party titles ala Rise of the tomb raider.

Guitarguy said:
poklane said:

Sony just seem to keep making the right moves. Holding recruitment for ex-Lionhead developers, being very receptive to indie developers, securing exclusivity/marketing deals with important franchises, deal with Kojima, Shenmue III, putting out big hitters(Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, R&C) outside the holiday season as to avoid being eaten up by the major AAA third party titles ala Rise of the tomb raider.

They really are planning out their release schedule really well.

method114 said:
Guitarguy said:

They really are planning out their release schedule really well.

Delaying Uncharted 4 by two weeks will help R&C out, otherwise it would have gotten lost in the Uncharted 4 hype train.

Wonder how long until Nintendo straight out denies the existence of the Wii U.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.