By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma - All participants and voice actors revealed.

Hiku said:

Many interesting things here.
For starters, I thought Junpei and Akane never ran into each other again until the events of Zero Escape 2? They are both part of the same team here, so there's no doubt that they will see each other in the game.

I presume the events of VLR altered the timeline, somehow bringing the two back together for this go around. I'll add that to the list of things that make me very eager to get my hands on this game. I especially like how betrayal and sacrifice are - officially - required this time around, which is an especially welcome contrast to VLR's scenario. Looks like they weren't kidding about going more horror this time around. Should be fun!

On an unrelated note, it says a lot about the series that this is one of the more normal lineups they've rolled out, even with Boobs and Roboboy playing a role.

Around the Network

This reminds me I haven't played Virtue's Last Reward. And that's a shame considering that I truly love 999.

Hiku said:

Maybe putting the timeline part in a spoiler tags is best in case someone hasn't played the first two games.
Anyway, that's probably it. But a strange change to make since the rules say that everyone except for three have to die. So I don't see why you'd want to include more than three characters who were essential to the ZE2 events.
We already know of one person who survives here. But I assumed the two unknown people would be the obvious ones, before we now found out that there are more people here who will be alive during the events of ZE2.
Then again, just by having Junpei here would alter the events of ZE2, unless they perhaps wipe his memories afterwards, or something.

Junpei was always part of the experiment, as I recall, so his presence isn't a surprise. And including characters who appear in the sequel(?) isn't really a problem because 1) the purpose of this game is explicitly to make sure VLR never happens, and 2) alternate timelines are this series' thing!

It's gonna suck when Sigma goes cyborg though. I kinda like Sigma, stupid as he is...

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

*Continues screaming like a little girl for hours*

Nintendo and PC gamer

Hiku said:
noname2200 said:

Junpei was always part of the experiment, as I recall, so his presence isn't a surprise. And including characters who appear in the sequel(?) isn't really a problem because 1) the purpose of this game is explicitly to make sure VLR never happens, and 2) alternate timelines are this series' thing!

It's gonna suck when Sigma goes cyborg though. I kinda like Sigma, stupid as he is...

I meant to say "having Akane there, and meeting Junpei", and I was thinking that it would create a paradox. If the events of ZE2 don't happen, then the people in ZE3 wouldn't have the same knowledge/motivation to stop it from happening.
Then again, this story includes paradoxes. Like how Akane can even exist after the first Nonary game. I almost forgot that for a moment.

But I still wonder, or hope, that they will explain how supposedly only three people survived, but from what we know, at least 5 of them did.

The rules appear to say that six must die, but if that's truly the case it'd be the first time the game was what it appeared to be.

Around the Network
Soriku said:

Y in Free the Soul of Y stands for "left eye of Horus" according to Uchikoshi, whatever that means besides of course Left is the name of Brother's brother (lol).

Horus offered his left eye to restore the life of his father Osiris. It symbolizes restoration and protection from evil.

Hiku said:

Interesting. I wonder if the deaths have to be within the team that found the password? If so that means one from each team will make it out alive, and that one entire team making it out alive is impossible.

Until morphogenic field shenanigans intervene again. Kill person -> learn password -> escape -> send info to previous self -> use pasword -> escape without killing -> fulfill real objective of Decision Game.