By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - A new beginning for Xbox

Azzanation said:
aLkaLiNE said:

Except Microsoft has a proven history of acquiring and shutting down studios. (17 studios in 14 years, I think this number just jumped up 5 today as well since a bunch of Devs were removed from their site which means the total is potentially 22 studios in 14 years). I don't think creating Ip under the constant threat of getting the boot is job security, but I don't work where you do so maybe they run things different here in the west.

These companies close their doors eventually. MS still house very old brands like Rare. If what you’re saying is true then why haven’t they closed Rare down? As for the 8 that closed down. Most of them were Kinect brands. Since when was Kinect considered important today? We aren’t talking about talented companies here, most of them i haven’t even heard of before. This is a clean out for quality control not a act of desperation.

LivingMetal said:

I pay those employees by voting with my wallet.  Last time I checked in the console industry, consumers by and large are voting PS4 and PS4 content.  Therefore, it would be ignorant for a content provider to ignore those votes = getting paid in this context.  This is a major economic factor for third parties to consider limiting themself to just one platform, namely the Xbox One in this case.  On topic and all truth.

Your topic is drifting more and more. What’s PS4 got to do with this article? This is in the Microsoft discussions not General discussions. 

Because like you said, employees like to be paid.  I'd prefer having the choice as a third party to make and/or publish the games I want and maximize my profits as I see fit in the industry as a whole instead of limiting my options with a parent company that has yet to provide a consistant proven vision (Microsoft).  Still on topic.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Your own thread topic brought up third party failure with Sony.  

Why are you shutting down his counter of why third party might take Sony into consideration in relation to the rest of what you said?

I am not shutting down anything. His comments fair no meaning in my article. Its off topic. We are talking about what Companies should Xbox acquire now they have more breathing room, nothing to do with Sony or anyone else for that matter. Company buy-outs happen all the time, you dont need to be the top selling console to buy out brands.

I don't understand. You brought up one of the possible buyout options and its failure with Sony.  

I guess I don't see how he can be off topic when you brought up third party relations with them in the OP. 

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I regret this post

They should have brought back Mistwalker games for Lost Odyssey 2. They also should have honored the original contract so that Mistwalker made Cry On. There's just too many mistakes MS did. I don't know if buying more studios would be the right route. They should be cultivating their own development teams to make new and interesting IP. Its a long term thing, but that is how they build sustainable talent that lasts for years.

After receiving many reports from different members, and having to intervene twice in the thread, we've decided to lock it due to its troubling potential.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won