By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite Competitive Game?

ohmylanta1003 said:
Chazore said:
To play: Heroes of the storm
To watch: Overwatch

Ooo. That's cool. How's Overwatch looking? I never got a beta key, so I haven't been able to try it, but it looks good! Hopefully, it has a larger competitive scene than TF2 did.

Overwatch looks to be pretty fun competitive wise in terms of watching, don't get me wrong I loved watching folks like Tasteless and Artosis back in the days of SCII's WoL vids but over time I found myself moving away from watching those guys and a friend at the time during late 2010 introduced me to Day 9 (Tasteless  brother) and I've been watching him since in terms of SCII matches now and then but mostly for other Blizz related games like Hearthstone which is a decent game, I;ve tried it myself but it's not really for me (casual player of the game but will never play PVP just like with Starcraft).

I never got invited to either Overwatch beta 1 or 2 and that marks the first time I've never managed to get into a Blizz Beta, I've honestly managed to get into most betas that I ever wanted to join in on but OW seems to be the first big one that I never got invoted to lol.

(Totally still not over not getting invited to beta)

I do think it will have quite the following, maybe not entirely like TF2 since that game also had a modding community to rely on for it's longevity, maybe OW will despite lacking what TF2 had extra.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

League of Legends and League of Legends.

Knowing most of the pros and all the champions helps a lot in this regard. All I did was play for months, then I found the pro leagues and saw people playing my champs or champs I thought were bad. Then my hype got rekindled.

Nowadays I watch a lot more then I play. Which is quite sad, but I got huge anxiety due to my dodgy internet. Nothing I hate more then lagging an entire game and getting raged at because I lost them the game. Wouldn't be so bad if my Internet was consistently bad or consistently average... Then I could just get better Internet.

The first game I ever played competitively was Rocket League. I guess it will also be the last.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

WoW & Call of Duty, sorry I'm such a casual

Quake II
Rocket League

Around the Network

Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Tekken Revolution

Puppyroach said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

I have Halo 5, but I really stopped playing it a few months ago (unfortunately). I should get back into it. How are the numbers? Are there a decent amount of people playing?

I don´t really know how to figure out how many are playing but the matchmaking seems fine to me, and it only take a minute to get into a new match. It varies a bit depending on what time of day it is but generally I have to wait a very short time to get into a new match. It´s kind of mind-boggling how 343i could screw up the stability of MCC considering how extremely stable this game is.

Basically half a dozen of different teams working on different parts of the game.