By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii U is sold out all over Japan and Nintendo isn’t talking

Wii U Sold Out.
That's a phrase I never thought I'd utter. :p

Around the Network

Hopefully they price it reasonably.

JWeinCom said:
Thunderbird77 said:

because?

Because there is not much of a reason for a product with fairly low demand being out of stock.  This indicates that Nintendo doesn't see much of a future in the Wii U, and are accordingly lowering production.  Lowering production is not a sign of a console with a bright future.

As I thought, you seem unaware that nintendo faced production issues with wii u. The wii u may or may not be replaced this year but these stock issues have nothing do do with it.

binary solo said:
Thunderbird77 said:

It's not confirmed if it is a handheld or a home console, there's no such thing as a hybrid console.

Just because no such thing exists now, doesn't mean one can't exist. I can imagine a possibility of NX being a Handheld device that comes with a caddy that connects to a TV/monitor that is basically a HDD and power source. If they can put Wii U level specs into a handheld then it will be able to deliver very satisfying performance on a TV so basicilly can be a hybrid. 

The only limitation for a hybrid is how much power you can put into a device that is small enough to be an attractive handheld console.

There is no such thing as a hybrid console. I'm not talking about one not existing right now, I'm saying the concept is impossible.

Your example isn't a hybrid, it's a handheld. See?

They can't put wii u level specs in a 2016/2017 handheld for less than $299+ at launch.

Thunderbird77 said:
JWeinCom said:

Because there is not much of a reason for a product with fairly low demand being out of stock.  This indicates that Nintendo doesn't see much of a future in the Wii U, and are accordingly lowering production.  Lowering production is not a sign of a console with a bright future.

As I thought, you seem unaware that nintendo faced production issues with wii u. The wii u may or may not be replaced this year but these stock issues have nothing do do with it.

If that's the case feel free to enlighten me.

Around the Network

this is the most upsetting things for me.

it has been 4 weeks.... and no words form them... this is the time... Price cut - new colours bundle sell a few more millions.

Wii U basic version are selling higher than premium on ebay due to the out-of-market issue.

And what do they do announce WII (not wii u) Nintendo selects title in USA.

This is a joke!

Clearly they have a plan no one else is understanding; this comment coming from me which is buying all games they put out there and all versions of every first party and all version of every consoles - must mean something.

Switch!!!

Perhaps Nintendo going to make a new wiiu model, without bc Wii... Try cut cost fabrication... For cut price....

Shit all 4 sold out jeepers peepers!

Yeah, we can be unreasonable and say: its cause its on the way out.

Or... we can look back at how much money Nintendo lost in inventory the first years the Wii U was out and decided to be more conservative about their stocking.

Akeos said:
Perhaps Nintendo going to make a new wiiu model, without bc Wii... Try cut cost fabrication... For cut price....

Hardly.