By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Will a wall truly help the US?

Wall for the US?

Yep 76 30.52%

Nope. 173 69.48%

Total:249

From personal experiences, a wall wouldn't be smart. Great example is israel. They have huge walls, ones that can stretch for a few miles. Checkpoints are made, with soldiers checking cars(and buses) of Palestinians.

Sounds smart, but it actually isn't. There are usually multiple conflicts around walls in the areas of Palestine, with the unfortunate cases of people being killed(whether if they're Palestinian or Israeli). 

It sucks enough that my home town is infected with walls- it'd suck if America(where I've lived my entire life) would set up walls as well.

We also have a decent relationship with Mexico. Last thing we need is for them to turn against us.

"And when I hear some of the people I’m running against including the Democrats, we have to build a wall, folks. We have to build a wall and a wall works. All you have to do is go to Israel and say how is your wall working? Walls work. And I want people to come into the country but I want them to be legal and go through the process. I want them to come in. I want to have a big beautiful door but they have to be legal.'' ~Donald Trump

If you want clarification on the wall, here's Donald Trump's entire quote(with context so you won't think I am being biased and cherrypicking).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

All it will do is antagonise people and run up your debt even higher. Trump is a clueless imbecile, hopefully for the worlds sake he doesn't make it all the way, not that Americans seem to have a great deal of better choices though.

A wall would be far more expensive and far less efficient than more reasonable immigration policies. But racism is much easier than reason so let's be isolationist (except for the middle east, we want that so we've gotta intervene "for the good of the world").

Also there are tunnels under some of the current walls. So yeah, walls ain't gonna do anything.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

I wonder how much Trump knows about the Great Wall of China? A wall is nothing but an inconvenience without guards stationed along every avenue of approach. It's going to be expensive to build and even more expensive to maintain. Technology will eventually be the key, with or without a physical wall, but we probably aren't there yet.

That being said, this might be a clever red herring. Perhaps Trump knows the Great Wall of the United States will never get built. Maybe he's running on it to get voters on his side and then when it doesn't happen he's planning to point the finger of blame elsewhere.

If Trump gets in, please build the wall all the way around.

Around the Network

Why not ?

Every year we get over 200000+ illegal mexicans crossing the border while receiving a $10000+ deficit for each and everyone one of them in the process ...

The wall would likely pay for itself easily in 5 years and if not at the very least in 8 years ...

Immigration is a serious issue in the US and it's one of the reasons why Donald Trump is succeeding in the republican primaries ...

fatslob-:O said:
Why not ?

Every year we get over 200000+ illegal mexicans crossing the border while receiving a $10000+ deficit for each and everyone one of them in the process ...

The wall would likely pay for itself easily in 5 years and if not at the very least in 8 years ...

Immigration is a serious issue in the US and it's one of the reasons why Donald Trump is succeeding in the republican primaries ...

I have to agree (lol). Illegal's are a big strain for the US, this wall could stop that. Though I certainly don't agree with Trump in many other categories...

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

"Sounds smart, but it actually isn't"

"Sounds smart"

SOUNDS SMART !!!

sounds smart to who ? To trump followers ?

No, I mean, at first, building a wall sounds like a slightly reasonable idea. However, when you add in reality, it becomes a horrid idea

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

fatslob-:O said:
Why not ?

At 10-15 billion to build and around 1 billion a year to maintain it would take a minimum in the best case scenario where it is 100% affective and the costs are on the low side at least 10 years to break even. The reality is it would likely never even break even as costs will grow over time and it will not be 100% effective.

barneystinson69 said:

I have to agree (lol). Illegal's are a big strain for the US, this wall could stop that. Though I certainly don't agree with Trump in many other categories...

You don't like him but at least he's addressing the immigration issues compared to every other candidate ... 

The US would have $100 billion more to spend on if it were not for illegal immigrants ...