By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Funding Beyond Good And Evil 2 (RUMOUR)

Volterra_90 said:
teigaga said:
Its a tad riske going for franchises which underperformed in the past, but when they have a cult following that has grown in time it could potentially be a genius move. I see this franchise having far more potential than Beyonetta 2 both in appealing to Nintendo core audience and those outside it.

If NX has this and Zelda in its first 12months, my purchase is gaurunteed. Just make the hardware good and cost efficient. If its only around the X1 in power, it has to come in at $250. If its notably more powerful than the PS4, they can charge me want they want :p

I will open the Pandora's box, but is there so many difference between PS4/One? PS4 is obviously a tad more powerful, but I don't think there's so much difference.

No, thats why I say notably  more powerful than the PS4. I just used the Xbox1 as the lower entry point becuase its the weakest of the 2.

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
QUAKECore89 said:
Forum hot topics are getting overload of NX rumours, not just vgchartz...

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. This is the potential reveal and launch of Nintendos next console, if we didn't get all these rumours and hype I'd be worried for Nintendo. And this would be big news if true. When you speculate or read rumours you don't invest any emotion, you just read it objectively and enjoy the possibility. I can't understand why people don't like speculation or rumours. For me they're a fun distraction from the normal news with the potential for them to eventually become part of the normal news. It's a win win for fun :)

At least i'm not worry about it, NX console will be announced soon at some time. Yes, at some time. :S Nintendo's top secret lol

teigaga said:

No, thats why I say notably  more powerful than the PS4. I just used the Xbox1 as the lower entry point becuase its the weakest of the 2.

Okey, that's fair, yeah. I think they could manage to make a cheaper console around 250/300$ and similar in power to PS4/One. And I think that's what they're going to do. Price is an important factor on console war xDD.

If this is true prepare for chaos to break out again from people who never bought the original and never intended to buy the next game. It would be a good move tbh especially if they also back Bayonetta 3.

Gamemaster87 said:
This rumor is as fake as hell. Why should Nintendo found the sequel to a game that was a financial failure? This is nonsense. Not gonna happen.

I see what you did there. I think the franchise would do well on Nintendo

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Around the Network
SubiyaCryolite said:

I see what you did there. I think the franchise would do well on Nintendo

Me too. With some marketing, the free publicity they would get when they say this game is an exclusivity, it will caught the attention of Nintendo fans and, honestly, I think it's very, very Nintendo-friendly. It's not the same case than Beyond Good And Evil 1, because that game was unnoticed, with almost no marketing behind it, although with time it's caught a fan base which will surely be interested on NX after that. If this is true I think it's a truly smart move. 

Gamemaster87 said:
This rumor is as fake as hell. Why should Nintendo found the sequel to a game that was a financial failure? This is nonsense. Not gonna happen.

Plausible reasons:

1. A deal, wherein Nintendo funds development of this title that is the developer's "baby", and also pays them to develop another title. Exactly like how Platinum was paid to make Bayonetta 2 AND Wonderful 101.

2. Nintendo sees potential in the franchise and believes that it can be a big hit with proper guidance.

3. Nintendo simply trying to build goodwill with both publishers and gamers, by funding titles that might not be the biggest successes, but may draw more attention to their platforms.

Personally, I find the first option the most convincing - BG&E2 is clearly a title that many within Ubisoft want, but which the bigwigs aren't willing to fund, so the game's development has been stalled. Nintendo funding it, plus another title that is a little more within Ubisoft's comfort zone (Rayman, maybe), would make sense.

I tend to be skeptical of rumours about Nintendo, if only because they're simultaneously one of the most secretive companies and one of the most frequent targets of fake "leaks". But aside from my natural skepticism, I don't see any reason to specifically doubt this particular rumour - it's entirely plausible, in my view.

Michel Ancel already hinted that the game is coming, but I don't think it will be NX exclusive, maybe timed like Rayman.

If true exclusive I'd get a NX for that game, BG&E1 is one of the best games of the 5th gen.

E3 Needs to come now!! :'(

melbye said:
Well, there was this rumor that Nintendo was making a game with Ubisoft Montreal

The problem is that Michael Ancel works at Ubisoft Montpellier, not Ubi Montreal, and Beyond Good & Evil is his creation.

This is a crazy rumor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true. Nintendo has been more aggressive with its third parties deals these last years, and while so far they had only done that with japanese developers, Nintendo knows that they have to improve its relationships with western studios as well.

And Beyond Good & Evil 2 has been in development's hell. It was announced in 2008, 6 years ago! And we know nothing. It would be a perfect candidate for such a deal, because Ubisoft doesn't seem too interested in invest a lot of money on the sequel of a failed game (sales wise), and Nintendo would benefit from the loyal fanbase who could get an NX to play the game while also giving the message that they are no longer waiting for exclusivities, but also pursuing them.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.