By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are Gamers Too Spoiled these Days with Easy Difficulties?

Are Gamers Too Spoiled these Days?

Yes 58 54.21%

No 49 45.79%

Total:107

lol this pic sums it up 100% true imo. I feel there is really no punishment for losing anymore except in the Souls series, countless checkpoint. And a lot of gamers are too butthurt these days if a game isnt explaining itself to 102% how it works. Espacially if its a nieche Japanese game they immidiatley cry and bitch if the game isnt explaining itself too well and go after the devolopers in extreme cases.

Around the Network

Not really. The whole point of playing a game is to enjoy it. If that can be done on easier difficulties, I don't see the problem and don't think that makes them spoiled because they enjoy easier difficulties.

Not every game is for everyone. Some games are harder, like the Souls series, and if people have a problem with that they can go play the countless other games available. The opposite is also true for easy games.

TheGoldenBoy said:
Who gives a fuck? The whole point of playing a game is to enjoy it. If that can be done on easier difficulties, I don't see the problem.

While I agree with that, I also think that having some difficulty/tough obstacles can enhance the fun factor even more in many cases. I'm sure people these days would be able to play harder games, it's just that most of them don't even try. 

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I think back in the day terms like metrosexual and sensitive new aged guy did not exist, so anyone who complained about game difficulty was laughed at.

Also now we have more casual female Gamers, the devs are doing us a favour, want your woman to be happy or no loving that night.

Games should have difficulty options, and players should be able to change it whenever they want. Last week I was playing an RPG on hard and I couldn't defeat a boss, normally I would have grinded until I had enough level to beat it but since I no longer dispose of much time to play I lowered the difficulty for that fight and I beat the boss.

That's how difficulty should be handle imo.

Around the Network
LipeJJ said:
TheGoldenBoy said:
Who gives a fuck? The whole point of playing a game is to enjoy it. If that can be done on easier difficulties, I don't see the problem.

While I agree with that, I also think that having some difficulty/tough obstacles can enhance the fun factor even more in many cases. I'm sure people these days would be able to play harder games, it's just that most of them don't even try. 

While that is true, some people just don't have the necessary time to grind through such obstacles. Usually the older you get, the less free time you have. I can completely understand people not having the patience to try and power through a level when their time is so limited.

Some games are harder than others, I guess.

I know that a good number of games have difficulty options, and some players can set it to their liking, while more experienced players might crank it up.

It's kinda a standard for some games to assume that the game they're playing might be the very first video game they're about to play, so some hand holding will be inevitable.

Games like Dark Souls throw all that out the window and are pretty much catered towards hardcore gamers.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Games used to be about overcoming challenges. Now its about everyone can do it.

TheGoldenBoy said:
LipeJJ said:

While that is true, some people just don't have the necessary time to grind through such obstacles. Usually the older you get, the less free time you have. I can completely understand people not having the patience to try and power through a level when their time is so limited.

Well, if we're talking about grinding stuff I agree with you. Personally, I only do it if it's a game that I really, really like. But in most cases where there is not grinding involved, but plain and simple ability... I think people should at least try to overcome the obstacles and enhance their abilities. This a very fun part of gaming and I bet this would make them feel better... well, most of them.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

As long as it has varying difficulties, I don't have a problem with it. Not everyone is good at games. So if they just want to enjoy it, or play games for the story, I see no problem with it. Why should they be cut off from the fun? Games are about just that.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread