By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Playstation 3 Scratches

Bubbles said:
nope, dunno how u stratch them either, mine sit in the same place :/ i occassionally whipe the dust off but they all look fine to me

If you look at the console in dim light,  or far away, it looks mint. Only if you shine a very bright light, and look at it in an angle, can you see the tiny scratches. Not just mine. All of the PS3s I have seen have micro scratches. In fact, even when my PS3 was brand new, there was at least 1 or 2 very fine scratches, from the plastic that it was wrapped in. If you wiped the dust off of it, you definitely left some scratches.

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
a.l.e.x59 said:
One trip to a friends house is all it will take to severely scratch your PS3.

thats just wrong, he wants to play HE can make the trip.

Huh??? Please re-word that.

He's saying you shouldn't travel with it, make everyone else come to you. :P I have heard it's a scratch/fingerprint/dust magnet but that's as much because it's black as anything else I think.

DKII said:
He's saying you shouldn't travel with it, make everyone else come to you. :P I have heard it's a scratch/fingerprint/dust magnet but that's as much because it's black as anything else I think.

Black is one of the hardest colors to keep clean in electronic devices, even an hours worth of dust in the right house can make it appear filthy, that or a simple touch.It's why most of my electronics are in areas where I can spray them down with a can of air without touching them. Nice open shelf that's about 5.5 feet high in the air. They get great air flow good room, it prevents them from overheating and randomly being touched. The PS3 is a chore to keep clean honestly but so is the Wii, I wish electronics would go with the matt finish like the 360 has it's easier to keep it clean ;; I hate that shiny sheen look, it always get's ruined in a few days.

The shiny finish has protected my Wii from a bit of dust, though... But still, once enough gathers up, I get these big dust bunnies all over my system. I agree with souixan, the Xbox 360's outer finish is a lot easier to keep clean; the only downside is the looks, since it makes the system kind of dull.

Around the Network
Cursayer2 said:
The shiny finish has protected my Wii from a bit of dust, though... But still, once enough gathers up, I get these big dust bunnies all over my system. I agree with souixan, the Xbox 360's outer finish is a lot easier to keep clean; the only downside is the looks, since it makes the system kind of dull.

I guess the finish is a matter of preference, honestly I prefer the matt finish to the shiny finish.

Yeh, my N64 is slowly developing some scratches, nothing too bad yet :)

Yeah, but at least the Playstation 3 doesn't discolor like the Super Nintendo.