By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. March monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Madword said:
jason1637 said:
Its weird QB isn't doing so good on Amazon. Ive been seeing ads for the game all week on tv/internet and even an ad on the subway

Are XBO users supporting it, that has always been the question this gen, that exclusives dont seem to be garnering much support on the console. Hope it does well, Remedy are a great studio. Still hoping for a new Alan Wake.

XB users didn't support Alan Wake when it launched either so this one may follow the same steps.

Around the Network
riecsou said:

But If that game cannot sell Xbox One or even sell itself, then xbox owners will have me very confuse.

Well, QB is different than other Xbox One exclusives.

First, they announcend it 3 years ago, so the "WoW" effect is just gone.  Many other games with good graphics were released, and many more announced. Timing is important thing if we talk about game sales.If they release it in 2014, the must-have factor will be much stronger. One thing may be a killer in 2013, but the same thing is just ok in 2016.Nobody would compare QB to U4 for example, or other games. Now, QB graphics are nowhere near to that " next gen " effect, simply because games like Battlefront,Witcher 3 etc released. Gamers simply get used to this level of graphics and want more.

Digital Foundry proves that QB has framerate issues and cheated 1080p on X1. I do not want to be a party-popper, but I see a downgrade in graphics fidelity, sadly.  Image for fucksake

It is single player only game, so the quality of experience is real factor here. If u want to spent this 20/30/40 etc hours, why not experience it in real 1080p ? Also, the reason it is only single player game - people may just wait for price to drop - look the Order 1866 sales. I think in 2016, ur game must have multiplayer or really long story/big open world to make good numbers.

If we turn back to the 2013/2014 threads, we can see that " I will buy X1 for Microsoft games " is the most popular reason to buy X1, so it may hurt's potential sales boost. U cant eat one cake and still hold this cake at one time.

Anyway, 2nd party exclusives like Ryse, DR3,TR, Sunset did not sell well on X1. I think it is " Wii U " effect - videogame console, with mixed quality, literally kills sales of sometimes really good games.

Last thing - the whole TV show thing. It's new idea and I support it to a deegre, but I somewhat I feel the thing that shall be in game will be in TV show instead, and some people repeat my worries.

Blood_Tears said:
Madword said:

Are XBO users supporting it, that has always been the question this gen, that exclusives dont seem to be garnering much support on the console. Hope it does well, Remedy are a great studio. Still hoping for a new Alan Wake.

XB users didn't support Alan Wake when it launched either so this one may follow the same steps.

Alan Wake launched around the same tome as RDR.

Anyway i think QB will do well nothing spectacular but enough to please MS and Remedy

Blood_Tears said:
Madword said:

The Problem is that the game also don't help with the Sales, for a Gamer isn't nice to see Several episodes of Live Action, with 20 Minutes longer, to understand the Plot of the Game, i think that the Major Problem are those Episodes, and would be much better if was Rendered In-game.

Swordmasterman said:
Blood_Tears said:

The Problem is that the game also don't help with the Sales, for a Gamer isn't nice to see Several episodes of Live Action, with 20 Minutes longer, to understand the Plot of the Game, i think that the Major Problem are those Episodes, and would be much better if was Rendered In-game.

It would be pretty funny if Quantum Break is in fact 8 hours long for the SP campaign (according to rumors), with the addition of the live show which shouldnt count as part of the game, seeing how a lot of people bashed The Order for being too short and cinematic.

According to www.howlongtobeat.com The Order is also 8 hours long.

• Main Story
    7 Hours 
  • Main + Extras
    8½ Hours 
  • Completionist
    10 Hours 
  • Combined
    8 Hours

• Around the Network
    AEGRO said:
    Swordmasterman said:

It would be pretty funny if Quantum Break is in fact 8 hours long for the SP campaign (according to rumors), with the addition of the live show which shouldnt count as part of the game, seeing how a lot of people bashed The Order for being too short and cinematic.

• Main Story
    7 Hours 
  • Main + Extras
    8½ Hours 
  • Completionist
    10 Hours 
  • Combined
    8 Hours
  • 7 hours of gameplay + 1hour of cutscenes.

Is it slightly longer than the order 1866?  yes, but not by much.

Wonder if any reviewers will state it was "short", given how much critisim the order got for it.

Im guessing it wont get mentioned.

JRPGfan said:
    AEGRO said:

• Main Story
    7 Hours 
  • Main + Extras
    8½ Hours 
  • Completionist
    10 Hours 
  • Combined
    8 Hours
  • 7 hours of gameplay + 1hour of cutscenes.

Is it slightly longer than the order 1866?  yes, but not by much.

Wonder if any reviewers will state it was "short", given how much critisim the order got for it.

Im guessing it wont get mentioned.

WTF, so is 10 Hours if you Finish everything with every possible  choise ?, not Surprising, they would need to pay Tons of Money for the Actors if was more than 3 Hours of Scenes in Total, so how 3 Hours of Live Action, can have a Size of 75GB ?, 2K Live Action ?.

Nobody but remedy knows at this point. Those are the order hours

jason1637 said:
    Blood_Tears said:

Alan Wake launched around the same tome as RDR.

Anyway i think QB will do well nothing spectacular but enough to please MS and Remedy

Agreed, as long as they don't yank the fucking PC version, between now and launch like they did with Alan Wake.  Those motherfuckers.  I was gonna get that game too.

JRPGfan said:
    manny10032 said:
    So QB might bomb according to Amazon.

Apparently it wasnt doing that well on GameStop, Bestbuy either.

Damn didn't know it was that bad.