Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition to boycott Sony reaches over 200,000 signatures

Azzanation said:
Ganoncrotch said:

You know seeing junk like this really makes me wish there was a stronger system in place to deter people from throwing around rape allegations, I mean for both people who have suffered such a horrific crime (both male or female) this is just getting absurd the thought that someone could be using a lie about it happening to her to try to get out of a bad contract for her career, that's just fucking terrible.
Really needs to be something put in place so that if someone accuses a person of rape and it is proved 100% that they were lying that there is the same sort of punishment on the lying accuser as would have happened to the proposed rapist imo, otherwise you will see more stuff like this, I mean Kedollarha isn't even guilty of this, since she swore back in 2011 under oath that it didn't happen so she can just walk away from all this shitstorm in the end saying that it was just social media gone mad with a story which she swore was not true.
Genuinely awful situation for anyone who has actually been raped to see something like this in the News, people raising $350k for her, nuts.

So whats the difference in your post and many others in this hread? Your saying shes a lyer? when your basing this off a justice system which isnt perfect? Innocent people have been proven guilty and guilty people have been prove innocent trhoughtout the history of mankind. Things like this happens all the time. Just because she swore under oat doesnt mean it never happened. She could have been to afraid to say otherwise. I am not taking ides here and i am smart enough not to get involved. Imagin if this was daughter going thought the exact same thing, claiming she was not raped but actually was? Just saying.

I'll just leave the oats, the rest of my post wasn't really constructive....

Let's just say I disagree with you, I'd rather not form the lynch mob at the drop of the word rape and I would rather a world where if the word was dropped by either party then both parties would have something to lose from it, so far she has made a claim which went as far as court where she said she had lied.... and now has the backing of 200k derps + is getting financial support. It's fairly clear at this point the only outcome of this will be her getting her way and being allowed to break away from her contract, the guys name is run through the mud completely regardless of the courts ruling or ya know... what she said happened in court.

Fancy hearing me on an amateur podcast with friends gushing over one of my favourite games? https://youtu.be/1I7JfMMxhf8

Around the Network

i would jin to boycott sony for free ps+ games on ps4.

Azzanation said:

So whats the difference in your post and many others in this hread? Your saying shes a lyer? when your basing this off a justice system which isnt perfect? Innocent people have been proven guilty and guilty people have been proven innocent thoughtout the history of mankind. Things like this happens all the time. Just because she swore under oth doesnt mean it never happened. She could have been to afraid to say otherwise. I am not taking sides here and i am smart enough not to get involved. Just imagin if this was daughter going thought the exact same thing, claiming she was not raped but actually was? Just saying.

The problem with this is that if she lied in front of the judge (which I agree with you it could be because of her fear), the judge has to take a veredict based on the proofs and statements, and the only option if she said that under oath is to find him innocent. But people are jumping to conclusions saying that she was actually raped, we don't know about that, and she could be perfectly be lying all the time. I don't know Kesha personally (and I'm sure most of us don't know her, like 100%), so I can't say she's right. So, boycotting Sony because of this is nuts. And people funding a boycott (LOL) based on declarations of a girl they don't even know if she's right is plain stupid. Women lie, men like, everybody lies, it's not a matter of gender. 

Azzanation said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So whats the difference in your post and many others in this hread? Your saying shes a lyer? when your basing this off a justice system which isnt perfect? Innocent people have been proven guilty and guilty people have been proven innocent thoughtout the history of mankind. Things like this happens all the time. Just because she swore under oath doesnt mean it never happened. She could have been to afraid to say otherwise. I am not taking sides here and i am smart enough not to get involved. Just imagin if this was daughter going thought the exact same thing, claiming she was not raped but actually was? Just saying.

Yes it f***ing does.

She doesnt want to get caught in a lie, and face 5 years of jail time for lieing under oath. So she told the true.

Thats the intire point of the system, things you say under oath matter (which is why its heavily punished if you lie under it).

SlayerRondo said:
I hope Sony ignores this petition like it deserves to be.

Thousands of women are raped and sexually harrassed everyday and you suggest that Sony should "ignore" it?

I'm glad that this case is getting the attention it deserves, nobody should ever have to go through this

PS:

Around the Network

Not a good look for Sony.... Especially when GAGA and swift fans are up in the tens of millions of ppl and teens who are moving into buying electronic goods

mM
lonerism said:
SlayerRondo said:
I hope Sony ignores this petition like it deserves to be.

Thousands of women are raped and sexually harrassed everyday and you suggest that Sony should "ignore" it?

I'm glad that this case is getting the attention it deserves, nobody should ever have to go through this

She swore it did not happen under oath and a Judge found not guilty, what more could be said for ignoring the petition?

I have seen very little evidence to suggest that the rape took place other than her word against his.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

barneystinson69 said:

Why the hell is Sony being boycotted? Its not their fault, and we don't even know if "kesha" (who I've never heard of) is telling the truth. I have to admit I'm not really a fan of Sony (in fact quite the opposite), but at least I see logic. Just seems like a mob fighting over nothing...

This is "Ke$ha"

Volterra_90 said:
mornelithe said:

There's only her allegation in this particular case, and her sworn testimony from a secret deposition I think from 2011 (unsealed during this trial), where she said it didn't happen.  There's a link earlier in the thread from an article that discussed the secret deposition.

Well, it might me happen either way and she said that out of fear. WIth that saying, the judge has to give a verdict based on proofs, and if she said under oath that it didn't happen, it's pretty much done. The fact are people don't really know if she's lying or not, so boycott Sony because of one woman's word is ridiculous.

Pretty much.

I guess the problem is that she swore under oath in 2011 that she was never drugged or sexually abused.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2802370/kesha-swore-oath-2011-deposition-dr-luke-did-not-sexually-abuse-undercutting-rape-allegations-latest-lawsuit.html

Maybe she did that out of fear, but as it stands she's claiming that she lied before, and not this time.
And this petition is written as if it's a fact that she was abused.

"In case you are unaware of the current events, on February 19, 2016 Kesha's injunction against the producer was denied after being sexually, physically, and mentally abused for over a decade. He has threatened Kesha and her family and drugged her."

That's a pretty manipulative way to get people to sign.

Can't she just work with a different producer though?