By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Petition to boycott Sony reaches over 200,000 signatures

Azzanation said:
Ganoncrotch said:

So whats the difference in your post and many others in this hread? Your saying shes a lyer? when your basing this off a justice system which isnt perfect? Innocent people have been proven guilty and guilty people have been proven innocent thoughtout the history of mankind. Things like this happens all the time. Just because she swore under oath doesnt mean it never happened. She could have been to afraid to say otherwise. I am not taking sides here and i am smart enough not to get involved. Just imagin if this was daughter going thought the exact same thing, claiming she was not raped but actually was? Just saying.

Yes it f***ing does.

She doesnt want to get caught in a lie, and face 5 years of jail time for lieing under oath. So she told the true.

Thats the intire point of the system, things you say under oath matter (which is why its heavily punished if you lie under it).

Around the Network
SlayerRondo said:
I hope Sony ignores this petition like it deserves to be.

Thousands of women are raped and sexually harrassed everyday and you suggest that Sony should "ignore" it?

I'm glad that this case is getting the attention it deserves, nobody should ever have to go through this

PS:

Not a good look for Sony.... Especially when GAGA and swift fans are up in the tens of millions of ppl and teens who are moving into buying electronic goods

mM
lonerism said:
SlayerRondo said:

Thousands of women are raped and sexually harrassed everyday and you suggest that Sony should "ignore" it?

I'm glad that this case is getting the attention it deserves, nobody should ever have to go through this

She swore it did not happen under oath and a Judge found not guilty, what more could be said for ignoring the petition?

I have seen very little evidence to suggest that the rape took place other than her word against his.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

barneystinson69 said:

Why the hell is Sony being boycotted? Its not their fault, and we don't even know if "kesha" (who I've never heard of) is telling the truth. I have to admit I'm not really a fan of Sony (in fact quite the opposite), but at least I see logic. Just seems like a mob fighting over nothing...

This is "Ke$ha"

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
mornelithe said:

There's only her allegation in this particular case, and her sworn testimony from a secret deposition I think from 2011 (unsealed during this trial), where she said it didn't happen.  There's a link earlier in the thread from an article that discussed the secret deposition.

Well, it might me happen either way and she said that out of fear. WIth that saying, the judge has to give a verdict based on proofs, and if she said under oath that it didn't happen, it's pretty much done. The fact are people don't really know if she's lying or not, so boycott Sony because of one woman's word is ridiculous.

Pretty much.

lonerism said:
SlayerRondo said:

PS:

lol, yeah, and Michael Jackson rapes children...you are fucking hilarious.  Oh wait, I misspoke.  Raped children, he's dead.

Will happily sign that.

She testified that she wasn't raped under oath, there are no evidence for the rape at all. This proves that US is all about fucking shit over for the sake of fucking shit over. What about all the actual rape which have been proven to happen and the attacker got bailed out? Why don't these assholes do something about that? This world needs to die off

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

As is often the case with VGC, most of the commenters are totally misinformed. Kesha testified in a completely different case unrelated to this that she was not sexually assaulted by Dr. Luke, allegedly on the advice (read: "If you want your career to live you say this) of the label's lawyers. The whole argument here is that she was forced to lie under oath because he (allegedly) threatened her. She's screwed either way on perjury and she doesn't seem to care. The CURRENT issue at hand is that she is arguing that Sony should let her go or move her completely from the control of Dr. Luke's label because both sides refuse to make music. The contract, I believe, was for seven albums, and she needs six more*. Problem is, Sony's offer is to move her from his label but require him to directly produce half of the songs on each album henceforth, meaning she has to work with the man who (allegedly) raped her directly still. AND he'd still make a chunk of profits off of her work (which probably makes her sick).

Unrelated but she also hates her music but she can't up and change her sound because Sony has to approve any album for it to count towards that six.

She's not at this point to my knowledge arguing anything towards the rape allegation, she just wants to make music again without being near this guy.

Lastly, take into note that she's been under contract for a decade now and that this case has been going on silently for two years. It's not like this is a new issue that just suddenly came up. Look into the history between the two, if you're curious. She's openly hated the guy since at least she was famous enough to be heard. Hell, most of the famous singers that have worked with the guy seem to be in agreement that he's a piece of garbage.

*I think she released an EP at one point that may or may not count for that minimum.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!