By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft games have too much crap on screen

your feelings:

I dont care, I like excess stuff on screen 6 14.63%

I hate it, less clutter please 34 82.93%

Total:40
Turkish said:
pokoko said:
Where are your other examples? Why do people have to look them up to see if you're right? I don't remember Far Cry having any kind of HUD overkill. What are these other Ubisoft games that are worse than what other developers are doing?

How much of that overlay is optional? Lots of games allow you to turn many HUD elements on and off.

Bloodborne and The Division are different types of games. Why not chose something similar, perhaps something closer to an MMO design?

Seriously, I wish people would put more work into threads like this.

I wish people would put more work into reading the OP. Like I said, I feel Far Cry has too much stuff in the world map. Other examples are Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs. There, multiple big AAA games in multiple big AAA franchises. I urge you to stop pretending like there is no pattern and certain "busyness" to those games. The Division is not an MMO, the best comparison would be Destiny and that game has godlike minimalistic and clean UI.

I read the OP.  You said "most Ubisoft games" then mentioned two Ubisoft games while only showing an example of one.  Anyone who wants to know if you're right or not has to go look for themselves because you didn't want to take the time to prove your claims.

Honestly, I have no idea if there is a pattern or not.  That's the point.  I haven't played Watch Dogs and I haven't touched Assassin's Creed in years.

However, I have played Far Cry, and I don't remember any trouble with the HUD, so I decided to go check some screenshots.

Since you can turn the mini-map off, what's the problem?

Around the Network

Assassin's Creed III & IV, Zombi U, Watchdogs, Splintercell on Wii U don't have any crap on the tv screen when using dual screen.

Apparently having a minimap is an issue now I guess ...

The solution in Witcher 3, where you can control and disable everything as you please, is the best way to go. CDProjekt RED nailed it and other companies should follow suit.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

leyendax69 said:
This thread confirms that Ubisoft should keep doing it since otherwise people don't understand everything lol

Well played haha. 

OT: Yea they are really cluttered. Not just the stuff on screen but the map. Go climb that tower so you can see more junk to do. 

Around the Network

It's nice that they allow you to move around all the frames in their Division game (Dunno if the PC version is the only one that can do that) and Techland allow you to remove the HUD for Dying Light for those that just want to see less info on their screen.

Personally I don't mind seeing that much info since I've dealt with that for years when it came to playing WoW, that said I don't really like games that completely hold you by the hand, at most I wouldn't mind a GPS for when I use a car or something like it.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

pokoko said:
Turkish said:

I wish people would put more work into reading the OP. Like I said, I feel Far Cry has too much stuff in the world map. Other examples are Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs. There, multiple big AAA games in multiple big AAA franchises. I urge you to stop pretending like there is no pattern and certain "busyness" to those games. The Division is not an MMO, the best comparison would be Destiny and that game has godlike minimalistic and clean UI.

I read the OP.  You said "most Ubisoft games" then mentioned two Ubisoft games while only showing an example of one.  Anyone who wants to know if you're right or not has to go look for themselves because you didn't want to take the time to prove your claims.

Honestly, I have no idea if there is a pattern or not.  That's the point.  I haven't played Watch Dogs and I haven't touched Assassin's Creed in years.

However, I have played Far Cry, and I don't remember any trouble with the HUD, so I decided to go check some screenshots.

Since you can turn the mini-map off, what's the problem?

It's not that hard to look up what games I'm talking about, anyone knows AC and Watch Dogs. You already should have made that connection in your head and the time you used to ask me that question could've been spent looking it up otherwise.

Far Cry 4 has a mess of a world map and menu. There's even a mod to remove the clutter  http://www.pcgamer.com/far-cry-4-modded-already/ What I really meant with clutter in that game is that there is too much on the map, as in too much stuff to do. Too many mini missions, things to collect, towers to climb, crates to open etc, it's just exhausting, all I wanna do is play the game and not get sidetracked by all the crap on the map. Here an article of the problem of "too much to do" http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/12/02/far-cry-4-and-the-problem-of-too-much-to-do/#2aa2a20158ca

Yeah, I agree. But that's casualization for you... where they need to keep telling people what to do and all. Btw, loved this photoshoped Bloodborne image. It perfectly illustrates the scenario.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Really depends on the game. A game like Division can get away with it due to the style of the game. More immersive games benefit more from a lack of clutter on the screen.

People haven't seen Xenoblade Chronicles then.