By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bethesda is currently working on 3 "long-term" and "different" projects

Most likely to be one of the projects:

New IP: Sci Fi RPG 27 51.92%

New IP: Action Adventure game 1 1.92%

New IP(s): not specified 2 3.85%

The Elder Scrolls 6 11 21.15%

Wolfenstein 1 1.92%

Revamped Fallout 0 0%

Total:42

Bethesda working on “three long-term” projects “different” from what it’s done before

Thursday, 18 February 2016 21:04 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda is currently working on three titles which Todd Howard said are “long term projects.”

Speaking at DICE, Howard wouldn’t elaborate on what these games were, or the contents, but he did say each were “different” than what the studio has done before.

They are definitely Bethesda-style games, he said, as they are “big and crazy” much like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls, but still “different.”

There’s over 100 people on the Fallout 4 team, and once the extra content and Creation Kit have been released, Howard said maybe more will be discussed on these new games. But for now, as one can expect, the focus is on Fallout 4.

“We are busier now than we have ever been. We have all the DLC going for Fallout, we are overhauling the Survival Mode, and that’s some of the most fun I’ve ever had when playing the game. It really changes it,” said Howard. “It’s harder, but it is more than that, it just makes it different.

“We actually have three kind of longer term projects we’re doing that are all – we’ll talk about them at a future date – but they’re different than anything we’ve done before, while also being a Btehesda-style game.

“Big and crazy, but in many ways different than things we’ve done before. It’s an exciting time.”

During Howard’s chat session, Howard mentioned the team likes to keep as much close as possible despite the heavy feeling of “holding back and not talking about” Bethesda’s upcoming games. He said with Fallout 4, it “played out really well by not talking,” as with Skyrim. This gives the player a bit of a blank canvas when going into the games.

Bethesda is usually rather quiet when it comes to game announcements. The studio tends to be more tight lipped than Blizzard. But that’s okay.

Three different downloadable add-ons are in the works for Fallout 4 with more on the way, and changes are coming to the games Survival Mode as well. The Season Pass price will also change soon, so if you want to get it at the current price, do so soon.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/02/18/bethesda-working-on-three-long-term-projects-different-from-what-its-done-before/

Not much to comment on at this point, and probably not for any time soon considering this is Bethesda; but interesting nonetheless. From now until the announcement and eventual release I imagine much will change and much will get scrapped.

Any thoughts as to what they could be working on? New IPs? What would you like to see Bethesda do?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

The elder scrollllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

One of those is probably some kind of MOBA, which seems to be what every studio is doing as a side-project. However, if there is a chance that another series that rivals Fallout and The Elder Scrolls could be added to the universe, then sign me up.

I assume part of this has to do with that studio they bought in Canada.

pokoko said:
One of those is probably some kind of MOBA, which seems to be what every studio is doing as a side-project. However, if there is a chance that another series that rivals Fallout and The Elder Scrolls could be added to the universe, then sign me up.

I had no idea about this. Which studio did they acquire?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

ReimTime said:
pokoko said:

I had no idea about this. Which studio did they acquire?

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/115057/20151210/bethesda-follows-up-on-fallout-4-success-with-new-game-studio-in-canada.htm

Actually, I was wrong, it's a new studio but with some people they worked with before.  Already has 40 employees and growing.

Around the Network

I'd assume that they were speaking of new IP's and Elder Scrolls 6 is probably in development but not included in the 3 they mentioned as they said were each different than the studio has done before.

Wouldn't be surprised if one is a team brawler or a MOBA.

Hypeeeeee

I don't even like elder scrolls or fallout. I do, however like Bethesda and think it would just take the right setting/lore for my stance to change.

A sci-fi RPG or shooter seems like a decent guess.But I dont why, when i read the text I keep thinking "they are making a puzzle game!" Maybe is because i just played Portal 2 and want to play more of it so...

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Hopefully all 3 of them won't be using a more than a decade old engine. I'd love to see a new ES for sure since it's been about 5 years now since Skyrim.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

One is probably, as others have said, a MOBA. I do hope though that one of them is a Sci-Fi game that takes place in space.