By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - crysis coming to ps3

does anyone think ea will do it 2008 or 2009 and is ps3 powerful enough to run the excellent game?

<

psn ID: smiles123

MGS4 is the greatest game ever

Around the Network

With some alterations PS3 could run it, I think EA will aim for this year but some sort of delay will move it to 2009.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

No, I don't think it would sell well. By the time it would hit the PS3, it will be a year or two old. Hard to hype a game that old.

It will look like it does on low settings if ported to the ps3. The reason is , because of the gpu. I couldn't run crysis on medium until recently. Now I could run it on high. My old gpu ran it on low-med settings, and it was a 8600gt compared to the ps3s equivalent of a 7600 I think. So they would definitely have to downgrade it alot.

Edit: Btw my cpu is a pentium dual core E 2140 clocked at 3.0ghz from 1.6ghz. I have 2gbs of ddr2 ram clocked at 600 mhz. So my pc wasn't too bad.

I think crysis on PS3 needs to come out at 29.99 if it wants to be succesful. There is no way I would pay full price for it even if it is the rumoured 1.5 version. Crysis was crap on PC (besides the graphics) and I don't think the PS3 would help it any.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Around the Network
sc94597 said:

It will look like it does on low settings if ported to the ps3. The reason is , because of the gpu. I couldn't run crysis on medium until recently. Now I could run it on high. My old gpu ran it on low-med settings, and it was a 8600gt compared to the ps3s equivalent of a 7600 I think. So they would definitely have to downgrade it alot.

Edit: Btw my cpu is a pentium dual core E 2140 clocked at 3.0ghz from 1.6ghz. I have 2gbs of ddr2 ram clocked at 600 mhz. So my pc wasn't too bad.

The PS3 could run it if they spent enough money optimizing it. The problem is the level of effort would be huge, and not worth it. It would cost a lot more then it would ever make.

(By optimizing it, I mean preprocess a ton of the visuals on the CELL. Remember, the first design of the PS3 had the CELL being the GPU as well, they just canceled that design because of the development time it would then take to make games.)

out of the 3 ps3 has the best chance of running it.

regginkipsknihcnujni said:
out of the 3 ps3 has the best chance of running it.

Only if they do what therealmafoo said. If they don't then the 360 is the better choice do to it's gpu being better. It would look really bad on both compared to pc, but still be crysis. What is the point of buying crysis for anything other than graphics anyway. 

@sc94597

I disagree with that. Crysis is the most physics intense game I have ever played. Without the Cell there is no way any current gen console could immitate what you get on PC.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

KBG29 said:
@sc94597

I disagree with that. Crysis is the most physics intense game I have ever played. Without the Cell there is no way any current gen console could immitate what you get on PC.
The physics would run on the 360s cpu fine. The requirements call for the least a pentium 4 2.8ghz. Now the graphics card is what is going to bring the 360 and ps3 down when they try to run crysis. Yes it does have good physics , but people are more wowed by the graphics, and that is what makes it harder to run. I would say the 360 could run crysis low-med and the ps3 without using the cell could run it on low. THe ps3 using the cell could probaly run it on med at most.