Forums - PC Discussion - PC Owners - Show Me Your POWAH! v2.0

Please don't laugh

CPU: AMD FX-6100 @ 3.40Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 @ 920MHz
Motherboard: A shit one
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 1TB
PSU: 750W

Haven't upgraded it in almost 3 years, but I'm gonna get an i5 6600k and a 970 in there in the next few months. Should I get DDR4 too?

Hardware owned:

PC, PS4, 3DS, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3

Most anticipated games (near to mid future):

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
TheEighthByte said:
Please don't laugh

CPU: AMD FX-6100 @ 3.40Ghz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 @ 920MHz
Motherboard: A shit one
RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz
HDD: 1TB
PSU: 750W

Haven't upgraded it in almost 3 years, but I'm gonna get an i5 6600k and a 970 in there in the next few months. Should I get DDR4 in there, too?

As of now, DDR4 doesn't really destroy its predecessor, but if you're thinking about it, make sure you find the right mobo, first.

Of course, mate ;) I wouldn't buy DDR4 without a mobo that supports it.

Hardware owned:

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

This one's gotta go this year because it's old. But since nvidia is a teasing bitch and won't release Pascal already it has to do.

Intel Core i5 3570k
Scythe Mugen 3 Rev. B
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H
16GB HyperX LoVo 1600MHz
Samsung SSD 840 Pro
WD Caviar Green 2TB
be quiet! Straight Power E9 CM 480W
Silverstone Fortress FT02
Inno3D iChill GeForce GTX 980 Ti HerculeZ X3

Playing on a 27" ASUS ROG 1440p@144Hz plus Gsync.

My new one is gonna use completely new parts. Not gonna keep a thing. Well maybe the SSD.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

CGI-Quality said:
^ ^ Yeah, I'm looking to add two Pascal Titans, myself. This way, I can pair them with a few other upgrades, including Broadwell-E and 128GB of RAM.

We play in to very different leagues. My next card will be around the 300-350 € range, with 400 as the absolut max.

@TheEighthByte: Your rig is better than mine. I won't laugh at all.

But if you're going to upgrade in the next few months, Nvidia and AMD will have new cards during the second half of the year. It's worth waiting (if only because by then the 970 will be cheaper).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

CGI-Quality said:
Anybody gaming on 4K monitors?

Will buy 32" 4k monitor this summer. ^^

Around the Network

Not gonna go 4k anytime soon. Single GPUs are still struggling with 1440p so there is no reason and I think we're at pretty dimishing returns when switching from 1440p to 4k.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Intel Core i5-6600k
MSI GTX 970
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP
8GB DDR4 2800
Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler
Fractal Design R5 Mid Tower
1440p Acer G257HU 25"

CGI-Quality said:
QUAKECore89 said:

Will buy 32" 4k monitor this summer. ^^

Nice! No dice, for me, until I get 120Hz out of 'em! :P

There are steps several between 1080p and 4K.

Right now you can get 3440x1440, 144Hz and IPS or VA monitors from several brands (like Acer).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Is it worth waiting until later this year to buy a new CPU? Seriously need to upgrade that neanderthal!

Hardware owned:

Zelda U/NX
The Last Guardian                            

TheEighthByte said:
Is it worth waiting until later this year to buy a new CPU? Seriously need to upgrade that neanderthal!

There's not gonna be any new CPUs this year. But it's irrelevant anyway. You can get a 3 year old i7 today and be happy for the next 5 years.