By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - How often do you scan or computer for viruses and/or other risks?

Only if I think there is a problem.

Around the Network

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Soriku said:
I think what caused my Windows XP to corrupt is viruses because I haven't scanned it for a LONG time and we had some programs that might cause viruses on the PC so now we've learned our lesson and so I scan my PC 2 times a day. Oen time in the morning and one time in the night. I use Ad-Aware (2007).

How often do you scan your computer?

Edit: Crap, typed too fast. "or" is supposed to be "your"

sorry, did you just say you scan your computer 2 times a day for viruses with ad-aware?

you do realise that ad-aware doesn't protect against viruses at all, don't you? 

may I recommend: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/2/

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

"Viruses so far have been really disappointing on the 'disable the internet' front, and time is running out.  When Linux/Mac win in a decade or so the game will be over."

And as for the reason why Linux is better at security:

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

mcafee does it automaticly every day

consoles i own ps12 gba ds gc wii

Around the Network

Mine scans by itself....McAfee FTW!!!!

reverie said:
okr said:
Soriku said:
How come Macs never get viruses?

The "gentlemen", who are programming viruses & trojans, are concentrating on the clear market leader Windows.

It's just that Apple has a 3 % market share with computers (6 % in the US) but a 0.0001 % market share with malware. Macs must be safer, at least compared to the average Windows machine.

That makes no logical sense at all.

If something has a 75% chance of working and a second option has a 25% chance of working... and everyone knows those odds... you expect 25% of people to go with the 25% chance of something working... just because?

People are going to go VERY disproportionatly towards the better option just cause.

The only people I see making apple virus software are PC fanboys and virus makers who are pissed off at Apples "we have no virus'" campaign. 

Maybe a once a bi-monthly.
Also run Ccleaner, and Spybot Search and Destroy then too.

Running Zone Alarm, Antivir Guard and Windows Defender.

Nothing's cheaper than something free.

F1 vs FOTA, when too much power is in couple peoples hands.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I use AVG and it has a daily scan. Good enough to me. I don't go on dodgy sites so I didn't had viruses often on my PC. I just use it "just in case..."

Mine is set to scan itself once a week.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089