By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Possible PS3 million sellers in 08

Great list. A lot to be excited about for current and potential ps3 owners :)

Around the Network

good list.

kingofwale said:
NIKOS_SE said:
HEY!!HELLO TIS IS MY FIRST POST

ANYWAYS,i think u should also add tekken 6 ,tomb raider underworld,Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit,Saints Row 2(maybe),sillent hill V, Soul Calibur 4, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed,Street Fighter IV,

Tekken 6 won't be released this year.

Tomb raider Underworld is for 360 only, I think, please let it be true.

Dragonball Z is a bit too niche a fighting game to be a million seller.

Saint Row will not be a good enough game to be a million seller

Silent Hill 5 won't release this year.

StarWars might be the only one with the possibility

Street fight IV won't release this year.

tekken 6 will be released this year its already out in arcades for almost 5 months!!!!

lol to you every single tomb raider game has come to a playstation system.Meanwhile eidos has stated that tomb raider underworld is currently developed for ps3,x360,ps2,wii,ds and of course the pc,and that it will be releases simultaniously for all the systems nov-dec 08.

dragonball z will achieve a million sales hands down ,as dbz tenkaichi 3 has already passed 1.3 million since nov 07 when it was released on the ps2

and for street fighter 4 and sillent hill5 there rumors that they will be released this year

saints row 2 u never know the original achieved 1,7 million sales on x360 with a smaller installed base... 

FilaBrasileiro said:

Certain
Ratchet & Clank - Should be there soon (isnt this getting reptitive kinda like mario)

Heavenly Sword - Should be there by November at the latest (this game is like shovelware button mashing brawler)

GTA4 - no brainer ( the 360 version will be like 8x better)

GT5P - unless reports were wrong this will see a million as soon as it launches in Euro (i never really liked this games, and racing games are one of my fave genres, and forza 2 was and si better then every GT)

Resistance 2 - highly likely ( looks decent)

MGS4 - no brainer (when will the 360 version be coming out, every otehr MGS has been ported)

FIFA 09 - should sell about 1.5 mil (why, sports games kinda suck)
Pro Evo Soccer 9 - should get close to 2 mil (i havent ever heard about this game)

Motorstorm 2 - Even though it's not bundled a lot of people want Motorstorm with Split Screen and better load times, it should get there easily. ( the first one wasnt good, what makes you think the 2nd one will be)

Possible
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - should get better sales than the 1st one and we should get Euro numbers this time, I believe this one will get to a million (this will prolly sell better then most of teh ps3 gmaes listed above)

Hot Shots Golf 5 - A very good chance to make it with Euro and America launch ( hot shots sucks)
Burnout - Should sell well until the rest of the year (great game)
SOCOM Confrotations - if combined with downloads it's certain. (pretty good, but its multi platform)

Madden 09 - Bigger install base + a more competent version this year = million seller ( pretty good for a spoorts game)
WWE Smackdown 2009 - Bigger install base, should easily make it ( last 1 i played was for PS1)

GH Aerosmith - People that bought GH3 can buy just the standalone, should make it on all 4 systems (prolly a #1 seller on the wii, or ps2)

Rock Band - I believe it'll crawl to a million by Christmas when the 360 version is passing the 2 million mark (an amzing game, but has better DLC, and acievements on the 360)

Infamous - will pass 1 million LTD, but don't know if it'll do it in 2008 (looks pretty damn good from what ive seen)
Fallout 3 - This is very close to certain ( havent seen too much of this)
Haze - Depends if it lives up to the hype ( prolly wont, most highly anticipated games are falling short if they are 3rd party)

White Knight Chronicles - All dependent on Japan's numbers for this game (will sell in japan, its a RPG)

The Last Remnant - All dependent on Japan's numbers for this game
Little Big Planet - Depends on if it'll be released this year and if it lives up to the hype (doesnt lok that good)

Killzone 2- Depends on if it'll be released this year (didnt like the 1st one that much)
FFXIII - Depends on if it'll be released this year ( this will be the #1 sell on the ps3)
FFvXIII - Depends on if it'll be released this year (definatly a #1 seller)
GT5 - Depends on if it'll be released this year (it will sell, but it wont be fun)
RE5 - Depends on if it'll be released this year ( i hope its ported to other systems, RE is amazing)

On the Bubble
Oblivion - Dependent on Euro's up to date numbers ( this hasnt already sold 1mill)
Need for Speed Carbon - Dependent on Euro's up to date numbers ( if it hasnt sold 1 mill in 2 years i dount it will)
Madden 08 - Can it keep an average of 8k until Madden 09? And up to date numbers on Others
WWE Smackdown 2008 - Can it keep an average of 10k until WWE Smackdown 2009? (this game is pointless)
MLB08 - 5% chance ( baseball games are terrible)
Kane & Lynch - With price drops it might actually craw to a million, it actually saddens me to say that this might make a million and the 360 version might get to 1.6 mil or so. Awful game with great sales ( agreed, this game sucked, it mights have well been made for the wii with how bad it was)

Warhawk - Dependent on dowloadable numbers ( looks interseting, but not enoughgt to sell 1million)

Did I miss anything?

fixed

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

Add DBZ, that one for sure

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
NIKOS_SE said:

ANYWAYS,i think u should also add tekken 6 ,tomb raider underworld,Dragon Ball Z: Burst Limit,Saints Row 2(maybe),sillent hill V, Soul Calibur 4, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed,Street Fighter IV,

Tekken 6 won't be released this year.

Tomb raider Underworld is for 360 only, I think, please let it be true.

Dragonball Z is a bit too niche a fighting game to be a million seller.

Saint Row will not be a good enough game to be a million seller

Silent Hill 5 won't release this year.

StarWars might be the only one with the possibility

Street fight IV won't release this year.

tomb raider has sucked for like 10 years, and hasnt even sold like 1 million combined.

dragon ball Z will not even break a 1/4 a mill, the PS3 is too hard of a gamer system fro games like DBZ, mabey on the wii it would havea chance.

saints row 2 will be AMAZING, if its as good as the 1st.

silent hill is generic survival horror, and wont do well.

star wars will prolly be good.

Click "here" to meet sexy singles!!

o that didnt work?

o u got a virus and lost your credit card to someone in brazil?

Click"here" with a different credit card in hand!

zeldaspimp69 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

fixed

How did giving you own personal opinion on every game's quality (not even sales potential!) do anything to "fix" his list?

Not to mentino, half you "corrections" are wrong. Socom is developed and published by Sony, so how could it be multiplatform?  And not all MGS3s have made it to other platforms.  MGS3 was released ONLY on the ps2. 

zeldaspimp69 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Certain
Ratchet & Clank - Should be there soon (isnt this getting reptitive kinda like mario)

Heavenly Sword - Should be there by November at the latest (this game is like shovelware button mashing brawler)

GTA4 - no brainer ( the 360 version will be like 8x better)

GT5P - unless reports were wrong this will see a million as soon as it launches in Euro (i never really liked this games, and racing games are one of my fave genres, and forza 2 was and si better then every GT)

Resistance 2 - highly likely ( looks decent)

MGS4 - no brainer (when will the 360 version be coming out, every otehr MGS has been ported)

FIFA 09 - should sell about 1.5 mil (why, sports games kinda suck)
Pro Evo Soccer 9 - should get close to 2 mil (i havent ever heard about this game)

Motorstorm 2 - Even though it's not bundled a lot of people want Motorstorm with Split Screen and better load times, it should get there easily. ( the first one wasnt good, what makes you think the 2nd one will be)

Possible
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - should get better sales than the 1st one and we should get Euro numbers this time, I believe this one will get to a million (this will prolly sell better then most of teh ps3 gmaes listed above)

Hot Shots Golf 5 - A very good chance to make it with Euro and America launch ( hot shots sucks)
Burnout - Should sell well until the rest of the year (great game)
SOCOM Confrotations - if combined with downloads it's certain. (pretty good, but its multi platform)

Madden 09 - Bigger install base + a more competent version this year = million seller ( pretty good for a spoorts game)
WWE Smackdown 2009 - Bigger install base, should easily make it ( last 1 i played was for PS1)

GH Aerosmith - People that bought GH3 can buy just the standalone, should make it on all 4 systems (prolly a #1 seller on the wii, or ps2)

Rock Band - I believe it'll crawl to a million by Christmas when the 360 version is passing the 2 million mark (an amzing game, but has better DLC, and acievements on the 360)

Infamous - will pass 1 million LTD, but don't know if it'll do it in 2008 (looks pretty damn good from what ive seen)
Fallout 3 - This is very close to certain ( havent seen too much of this)
Haze - Depends if it lives up to the hype ( prolly wont, most highly anticipated games are falling short if they are 3rd party)

White Knight Chronicles - All dependent on Japan's numbers for this game (will sell in japan, its a RPG)

The Last Remnant - All dependent on Japan's numbers for this game
Little Big Planet - Depends on if it'll be released this year and if it lives up to the hype (doesnt lok that good)

Killzone 2- Depends on if it'll be released this year (didnt like the 1st one that much)
FFXIII - Depends on if it'll be released this year ( this will be the #1 sell on the ps3)
FFvXIII - Depends on if it'll be released this year (definatly a #1 seller)
GT5 - Depends on if it'll be released this year (it will sell, but it wont be fun)
RE5 - Depends on if it'll be released this year ( i hope its ported to other systems, RE is amazing)

On the Bubble
Oblivion - Dependent on Euro's up to date numbers ( this hasnt already sold 1mill)
Need for Speed Carbon - Dependent on Euro's up to date numbers ( if it hasnt sold 1 mill in 2 years i dount it will)
Madden 08 - Can it keep an average of 8k until Madden 09? And up to date numbers on Others
WWE Smackdown 2008 - Can it keep an average of 10k until WWE Smackdown 2009? (this game is pointless)
MLB08 - 5% chance ( baseball games are terrible)
Kane & Lynch - With price drops it might actually craw to a million, it actually saddens me to say that this might make a million and the 360 version might get to 1.6 mil or so. Awful game with great sales ( agreed, this game sucked, it mights have well been made for the wii with how bad it was)

Warhawk - Dependent on dowloadable numbers ( looks interseting, but not enoughgt to sell 1million)

Did I miss anything?

fixed

u call that fixed?????

mgs4 will never be on the x360,motorstorm doesnt sucks,pro evo sells around 5-7 million every year so its pretty famous i guess,socom confortation is not multiplatform lol its sony publised for ages,gta4 wont sell 8x times better lets just wait,and lbp is just an awesome game

Diomedes1976 said:
Very good work man .

I would add some games .For example in Europe the Platinum range is about to be released with some Sony games as Folklore ,Lair ,Genji etc .Some of those have a hit at one million .We dont have the complete Lair numbers because we are missing the Europe data but with US+Japan its around 300 000 so with the European data can put it easily at 600 000 right now .IF the Platinum treatment gives it any boost it can arrive at 1 million by years end .

And you forgot Devil May Cry 4 wich is already a million seller .

I would add too Unreal III ,I think it will keep selling strong all the year ,its just one of the better online games available and as the userbase grows it will go stronger and stronger to compensate the drops due to age .
 DMC is already over 1 mil, I'm trying to do the games that are not there yet but should be by the end of 08. UT3 and Lair might make it (especially UT3), but I think they will make it more torwards 2009, but I can add it to the list and we can check later to see if you were right or not 
SpartanFX said:
well DMC turned 1 mill in 08,but i think u r focusing on future ones,,,,,I think prototype might do well,what about alone in the dark or silent hill?

Right, only future ones, as far as SH and AoD, we don't have any full sales figure for past games, so I don't know what to expect from them

NIKOS_SE said:

I will add SC4, Tekken 6 and Star Wars to the list, I thought SFIV was 2009? I don'tanything about past DBZ sales to add them there...

Yajimari21 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

Possible
Haze - Depends if it lives up to the hype

lol-- what hype? I don't see anyone dying for this game (even if MGS4 and Resistance 2 didn't come out this year).

The internetz hypez.

zeldaspimp69 said:
FilaBrasileiro said:

fixed

You are a special kid.

socom
resistance 2
killzone 2
R and C
heavenly sword
fifa 09
pro evo 09