By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - killzone 2, resistance 2 or haze which will be the best ps3 exclusive FPS in 2008?

Best will be Resistance 2, but what I will say is Killzone 2 will be so good a lot of Ninty/360 fanboys will be owing us PS3 fans an apology for saying it sucks.

Haze will be the worst out of the 3 but will still be great. I'd expect between an 86-91 in the metacritic ratings. It would be higher but 360 fanboy magazine will give it a 0 which will lower the average.

I'm back...

Around the Network

My vote goes:

1) Resistance 2
2) Haze
3) Killzone 2

Only because I desperately want KZ2 to fail to shut up the sony fanboys who are praising a halo-clone that has a fresh coat of paint on it.

Feel free to flame away.

I don't even see how this can be argued.

Resistance 2, by far.
- Proven franchise, with a great online community already established.
- 8-Player Co-Op, which follows an alternate storyline.
- Massive 60-player online.
- Insomniac is a no-nonsense developer, excellent at supporting the community and updating their games.

Killzone 2 and Haze will probably both be quite good, but R2 is in a whole other league, in my opinion anyways.

I hope all 3 will be good.
Haze was planned to counter Halo 3 and Bioshock in 2007 but didn't make it. Now Free Radical face to many FPS on PS3. Most of people will buy one or two of them - probably they will wait all 3 to go out and will get the one with the highest review scores. Which one will be on top? I don't know.

kz2 followed by R2 then haze(too many delays)

Around the Network

I want the KZ2 to be the best,,,followed by R2 and then haze.but likely R2 will be on top followed by killzone 2 and then haze

WhiteDevil said:

KZ2 also had delays, didn't it?

I'm thinking R2 will definitely be the best, followed by a tie between Haze and KZ2 (one will have slightly better gameplay, the other will have better graphics).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I expect them all to be good, but Haze recieving the worst reviews, KZ 2 and R2 could sneak into the 90's for their average score. However, the main issue is that GeoW 2 will very probably be better

NJ5 said:
WhiteDevil said:

KZ2 also had delays, didn't it?

I'm thinking R2 will definitely be the best, followed by a tie between Haze and KZ2 (one will have slightly better gameplay, the other will have better graphics).

Actually KZ2 didnot have any delays,,They simply haven't announced when it will be released except for saying 2008.I know that, cause I usually go to KZ2 forums and people ask the release date queastion from the DEV team all the time.

They simply say we have never told anyone when we will release it,,They say they have internal due date for the game but they are not letting us know to prevent hype build up.Cause they got flamed big time with KZ1 and the hype around it,,,so they are keeping it low profile this time around.

I have no faith in Killzone 2. I'm treating this game the same way I treat Wii games--it needs to prove itself to me before I acknowledge the game. Resistance 2 should be a solid game, so I'll go with that.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!