By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know the many of us do NOT like Gamestop but...

I'm not a huge fan of Gamestop my any means, but I've noticed that the vib at my local store has much improved over the past few months.  That's probably because there's a new manager, but I've liked the last manager as well.  I'm still pretty selective in my purchasing decisions since we have this invention called online shopping, but I've felt a little more inclined to visiit more often.  Any fans or non-fans of Gamestop noticed any significant changes in your local Gamestop good or bad?

Around the Network

I buy games digitally. GameStop is Blockbuster to me.

I have no strong opinion on GameStop, but I have a GameStop less than a mile from my place, and overall, the store ain't bad.

I think the manager went out of his way to help me get a Ness amiibo when they got restocks, which was real nice of them as well.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I visit GS to browse if I'm out with friends or something but rarely buy from them.

Amazon has the prime discount & BestBuy has the gamer club thing. Both save me money. Amazon, I deal with nobody & my local BB employees are friendlier than my GS ones.

Amazon / BB > GS for me

[] [] [] {} [] 

The employees at my GS call me boss. o: Is it just my store, or did they start adopting that at other places. I still try to buy games elsewhere tho...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Ultrashroomz said:
I have no strong opinion on GameStop, but I have a GameStop less than a mile from my place, and overall, the store ain't bad.

I think the manager went out of his way to help me get a Ness amiibo when they got restocks, which was real nice of them as well.

I was looking for a copy of Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed.  I believe it's out of print, and I'd rather not pay the retail price of $30 waiting for a price drop.  The manager had a new ungutted copy delivered from another store for me to check out, and I wasn't obliged to buy it if I didn't want it.  And since I hardly purchase anything from there, I never keep up with my rewards point.  But the manager looked into it and found that I was elegible for a $5 coupon.  I must have built that up over 2 years.  Of course the guy wanted to make a sale, but it eventually worked out so I bought the game.

If they have good prices(even if it slightly more cause convience/hard copy) and have service why not. Stores service varies, store to store.

My local EBgames (Gamestop) employees are uninformed about anything not Xbox related so I rarely go to them the past few years.

spemanig said:
I buy games digitally. GameStop is Blockbuster to me.

Once My Nintendo is up and running, I plan on going all digital

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

despite going to gamestop maybe 3x/year, I have never ever had an issue. All of the employees I interacted with were very nice, so I really don't know

Hi