By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 and 360 auction prices (UK)

I'm keen on getting a 360 (Elite) or PS3 or both so I have been investigating the prices and deals available.

I have checked up regulary on prices in shops and online for just over a week and the prices people pay vary hugely!

I have focused on auction prices as shop prices are fixed/stable at the moment.

Example auctions:

New XBOX 360 Elite BNIB:  Sold for £265 + £15 postage = £280

You can buy a new one from a shop with a game for less!!

Used PS3 Boxed, like new: Sold for£295 + £10 postage = £305

Again you can buy a new one for cheaper with a game.

On the flip side there have been some very lucky people getting new PS3/360s for significantly less than rrp.  I'm not gonna divulge details (do your own homework!!) but suffice to say its worth doing the research to find out how low they do sell for.

There are some good shop deals about too:

PS3 for £299 with two official controllers and Resistance & Motorstorm.

360 has similar bundles.

Can be worth getting just to sell on the games!!

On the auction side I have noticed that New PS3s are much more readily available than new 360 Elites, also most elites are "buy it now" rather than a traditional auction.

I think that sellers have a fear of 360 failure so to preserve their ratings do not stock many. 

Around the Network

some nice bundles you mentioned there. there are indeed some good bundles and bargains to be had

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

xbox 360 elite

Thats a good deal for the 360 elite, its mighty cheap.

mM
leo-j said:
Thats a good deal for the 360 elite, its mighty cheap.
 No its not, auctions go for around £50 cheaper!!

Around the Network

You should see what people pay for Wiis.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046