By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buying Games Blind

Back on the Gamecube, I picked up Baten Kaitos 1 and Tales of Symphonia because I liked the cover art (was just getting into manga and anime at the time). They've since easily become some of my favorite games, and helped foster my love of JRPGs in general. Good times. ^^

Hmm

Around the Network

dont blinde buy... live by it.

As long as I know the genre it is hard to buy a game blind. For example I have not played the Persona series pretty much at all. But I will get Persona 5 and likely love it, as it is a JRPG.

Hope
I don't even buy gum blindly

I supported a lot of kickstarter games... so "yeah" I guess.

I'm much more suspicious against the big publishers and AAA-games and normally wait for the reviews.

Around the Network

Nowadays I don't make blind purchases. With all the information about games avalible, there is no reason to not look up some reviews first. When I was little, blind was almost recquired, only friends recommendations were trustworthy enough to convince me to make a purchase. Lots of surprise hits and misses back there.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

PERSONA 5, because its the best jrpg in the future and one of the best games ever. That is sure.

The last game that I went completely blind was Red Steel 2.I had asked for my aunt a game(cant remember which one was now.Maybe Skyward Sword?Im not sure), and she bought this game for me too.When i received it, I though"Must be a shitty game, since I never heard of it", but tried it anyways.Im so grateful i tried that marvelous game.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

I used to do it all of the time. I bought the game "Blades of Time" simply because it was dirt cheap and had a hot lady on the cover. It was one of the most unique experiences I've ever had. I think it reviewed poorly but I had a truly great time with it.

Not since i was a child. Now its toooo risky lol