By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Overrated animated films?

SvennoJ said:
Spirited away a mess? Random elements? I guess it's the movies fault for not explaining the Japanese folklore it is based on in a 2 hour documentary before the movie starts :) Not that that's needed.

For me Wall-E is very overrated. It's a slow and rather boring movie to watch again, very simple and drawn out. Heck I like frozen better than Wall-E. It's one of my 4 year old's favorites.

Movies are supposed to be self explanatory but even with previous knowledge about japanese folklore, the movie remains a series of randomness put together. You have a princess mononoke avatar, now that's a proper anime movie.

Around the Network

Cars, nemo and paprika(very weird movie). How can anyone say that Princess Mononoke is an overrated movie? i think it is one of the best anime movies out there.

Toy Story 2. I really didn't get into that movie. It even made me put off watching Toy Story 3 but thankfully I eventually watched it and loved it!

Signature goes here!

KLAMarine said:

The Lion King

Ka-pi96 said:
Everything ever made by Studio Ghibli.

Aw hell nah! Talking crap about mah Princess Mononoke!?

He obviously have not seen or he wouldn't have this bad opinion. Yes, because it is a bad opinion.

OP: Frozen is just a good saturday morning cartoon. It will never be in the same level of the Disney classics.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Akira.

Around the Network

Almost every recent Disney production, almost every CGI movie with bulging eyes, every CGI movie with plastic-looking skins, every CGI production replacing previous traditional ones (I'm not against the use of computers to speed up traditional cartoon production and keeping its costs acceptable, but it must keep the old cartoon look, please no crap like that CGI Garfield).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Wildcard36qs said:
Akira.

I was wondering when that would appear. EDIT: Sorry, someone mentioned it before. Eitherway...

Hmm, pie.

Every Pixar movie besides Toy Story 1.

I am a bit worried that Kingdom Hearts 3 will fall very short of the hype. Due to the fact that most of the worlds we are getting are going to be Marvel or recent Disney which I am not a fan of either. Star Wars and Ghibli world would be preferred, but I don't think that's going to happen.

My kids love Disney - especially Frozen. Don't worry, after watching it 12 times, you start to like it :)

Honestly though, these are probably the worst animated films I have seen:

Disney: Peter Pan (it may have been good back in it's day, but Disney would be sued if it was released now)
DreamWorks: Antz (great voice actors, but a terrible movie)
Pixar: Planes, followed closely by Cars
Other: Thumbelina

If I had to pick the worst of the bunch, it would be Antz.

I also recently watched the original Transformers movie (the animated one from 1986). When I saw this as a kid, it was OMFG AMAZING. Obviously my tastes have changed, because it is terrible. Still better than Antz though.