By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's your gaming motivation and style?

Well, I honestly don't know... I'm not entirely sure about my own gaming preferences unless I think really hard about it.

Around the Network

I got some ridiculous results, probably because of the strong words used in the poll. I generally don't feel very passionately about very many things, so obviously I didn't like answering with strong responses. The result:

• Action 17%
  • Social 25%
  • Mastery 21%
  • Achievement 26%
  • Creativity 11%
  • Immersion 25%

That is, I got some really low scores in each category and for some reason, I got a really high social score despite not being a social gamer almost at all. o_O Anyway, while the test totally messed up that part, it got the inner workings of each category about right, so it's not entirely without merit.

Zkuq said:

I got some ridiculous results, probably because of the strong words used in the poll. I generally don't feel very passionately about very many things, so obviously I didn't like answering with strong responses. The result:

• Action 17%
  • Social 25%
  • Mastery 21%
  • Achievement 26%
  • Creativity 11%
  • Immersion 25%

That is, I got some really low scores in each category and for some reason, I got a really high social score despite not being a social gamer almost at all. o_O Anyway, while the test totally messed up that part, it got the inner workings of each category about right, so it's not entirely without merit.

That can be because social is also related to competitivity. 25% is not high at all though

I think the test kind of forgets that Nintendo gamers still exist xDDDDDDD. According to the test, I'd like Call of Duty. Nothing further from the truth :(

Zkuq said:

• Action 17%
  • Social 25%
  • Mastery 21%
  • Achievement 26%
  • Creativity 11%
  • Immersion 25%

Don't worry... only the software is judging you... no one else.  

Your Gaming Style  :

Spontaneous and Grounded

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

Spontaneous, Relaxed, Competitive, Grounded, and Practical

Action(59%)Social(65%)Mastery(0%)Achievement(10%)Creativity(0%)Immersion(0%)60255075100

Your gamer profile consists of your percentile rank across a broad range of gaming motivations. Your scores are based on how strong your motivations are relative to other gamers. In this customized report, we’ll explain how to interpret these scores and what motivations we measured.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I'm not sure how to embed but if you click that link you will see that I didn't care for anything in the quiz...

https://apps.quanticfoundry.com/gamerprofile/10

[] [] [] {} [] 

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

I would have put tonnes more in Creativity and Social, while less on Achievements.

Pocky Lover Boy!