Do you agree?

Yes, I agree with everyth... 118 74.68%

No, I have to disagree with you on this. 16 10.13%

I'm mixed. 19 12.03%

Other/ N.A 5 3.16%

Total:158
Volterra_90 said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

As an insensitive dick, I find this post to be highly offensive. You're in no position to tell me what I can and cannot say to people. If I want to offend someone and generalize with the intention of making people feel insecure, that's on me.

If I say something that offends or "triggers" someone, know that I have no regrets and genuinely wishes for this person to learn how to cope with his insecurities so that the next guy trying to trigger him finds less success. Because if it's not me triggering someone, it will be someone else eventually. That's life. People will try to offend each other no matter what people like you say.

The best solution to inevitable attacks is not to complain about them every time that they occur; The best solution is learning how to defend yourself.

I'm not so sure about that. I'm living without offending anyone and trying to not act like a dick with people, and I assure it's working fairly well. I respect everyone's opinions, even if I can argue with them. But there's no need to be a dick to defend yourself. Obviously you can act like whatever you want, you have your rights. But I think people who is polite and don't offend anyone have the advantage in a argument and can defend themselves better. The other option is start a cycle of ad-hominem and offensive arguments which generally don't go anywhere.

There is a looot more in between "polite" and "using ad hominems". Obviously, an argument with nothing but ad hominem attacks is useless, but a good discussion or even a big argument can be presented in a multitude of ways. Real insults can also be a part of it, if the situation calls for it.

Around the Network
FragilE^ said:

Calling it racism is a bit too much, but EVERYONE has their own prejudice towards certain things. We are built like this as humans. No one is "holy".

Also, speaking of overused and abused words: Misogynist, anyone? That word has basically lost all meaning in the western world.

We aren't, if you place a group of infants together they'd get along just fine, the's a term "Love is natural, Hate is learnt", people's characters are influenced by their surroundings and who is around them. We aren't built like how you say we're taught to be that way, some of us are just able to maintain an open mind.

Wyrdness said:
FragilE^ said:

Calling it racism is a bit too much, but EVERYONE has their own prejudice towards certain things. We are built like this as humans. No one is "holy".

Also, speaking of overused and abused words: Misogynist, anyone? That word has basically lost all meaning in the western world.

We aren't, if you place a group of infants together they'd get along just fine, the's a term "Love is natural, Hate is learnt", people's characters are influenced by their surroundings and who is around them. We aren't built like how you say we're taught to be that way, some of us are just able to maintain an open mind.

No no no, those infants would be perfectly fine with eachother, but once they go out in the world and see different things, they will judge them, they will classify them. Its a surival mechanism. That is human nature. And it turns into prejudice. Prejudice can be positive feelings too. Like how we, as babies at least, worship our mothers, and are nervous and sometimes even scared around other people. Unless you lack your basic survival instincts, then you are like this too. As is every human.

"Some of us are able to maintain an open mind" is basically a way of saying you're better than everyone else... That's not very nice you know.
Breaking down your own sense of prejudice is nice, but you won't ever get rid of it in every aspect of life. That's just silly.

Wyrdness said:
FragilE^ said:

Its true tht most hate can be teached, but like any belive, you have to be completly isolated froma group for a kid to inheret that from the parents. Before it used to happen, wwhen tv had to diversity, when there wherre segragated schools, when town where white only. It just dosent happen anymore, cuz kids now days have way more wways to learn of utside groups and have way more contact with diverse cultures to not larn on their own that their parents hate for a group is misguided.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Wyrdness said:
Norris2k said:

I agree a lot with him. I'm white, but I've had quite my share of racism crap since I'm in Japan. I don't really care about what people think, and I don't thinks it makes sense to forbid someone to think something, or ask people to control what they think, or have to be what we'd like or what we'd want them to be. But they have to behave. Minimal respect is what I ask for.

Also, about the thread, I also believe there is abuse of the word, but racism exists and it really get you on the nerve. When you start to think twice if it's a simple joke or not, you can become quite noisy about it.

Why only minimal respect? They should respect you like they would anyone else as you haven't done anything to warrant gaining only minimal respect, they don't have to date or do what ever as that's down to preference but you have to make a stance that they will respect you as much as what they themselves would like to be respected.

People also underestimate how someone harbouring such thoughts and feelings can impact society, these thoughts and feelings will be passed on to their kids who imitate what their parents do and in a number of cases can go even further creating a constant cycle racial tension, some people are even willing to act on those thoughts if they think they can get away with it. You may not care what that person is thinking but it is having an impact in not putting out racism as they're not doubt influencing and impacting those around them.

Perhaps "minimal respect" is not a good way to say it, I mean normal politness, normal work collaboration, etc. this "let be". Respect you as much as they'd like to be respected is very subjective, and not even reached outside racism problems. Asking for more is like asking for better than normal, I find the idea quite repulsive.

About the impact, you are right, but I'm betting on the fact the impact is mostly the other way around, in term of laws, communication, company rules.

Around the Network
mah062 said:

I don't believe every race is equal in every way. It is true that African Americans enjoy fried chicken more than other races usually do. That's why you find fried chicken places in the ghettos. And saying the Ghettos are mostly African American is also a true statement. Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. It's just the way it is. Asians are generally smarter than whites. There is no denying that. African Americans are the least intelligent race. I believe their average IQ is in the mid 80's range. Like I said, there is a REASON all the third world countries are in Africa. There is a reason they've never developed. Arabs are also pretty low on IQ. Most Arabic countries have an average IQ below 90. No, races aren't equal. But I don't believe you should judge someone based on their skin color because there are ALWAYS those who break stereotypes. I know very stupid whites, very intelligent blacks. I know an Asian who isn't smart. But when people say races are the same, they're lying. It's the cold hard truth.

Wow,spoken like a through ****.First African American is not a race,black is.All third world countries are In Africa?Haha,OK.So because I am born black more than likely I will be a dumb motherfucker.Because that IQ test took most of the billion black people on earth for the survey,right?So that must mean that most whites not liking to take a shower must be true and all the whites in the south are inbred,right?

eva01beserk said:
Normchacho said:

Well yeah, but just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you should do it.

On top of that, just because you have a right to do something doesn't mean you're free from being held responsible for your actions. If people think you're being a dick, your going to get called out for it and you only have yourself to blame for it.

Nobody  has a problem being called a dick or racist.Most know when they are behaving in such way. The problem is what the SJW's want the repracausins for such an act, they demand you be fired, unemployable, imprismed, and so many ridiculous extremes and thats what we are fiting  about. 

Men are getting fired and kicked out f school for ofending people. ANd by ofending its ussually means that they disagreed with some SJW and they whent after him like a lunatic, contcting their place of employment and or place of education.

Women want men to face rape charges for cat calling.

If a black person and a white person both apply for the same job, no matter the qualification, the black person must get it, or the company will be accused of racist and unethical hireing proccesses.

They want to extend safe spaces to basicly everyware so nobody can say anything that might displease any group. Universitys are the prime examples in wich you are severly restricted and can get expelled for saying anything anyware. Most of the cases is disagreen wit a topic, THIS is harasment and opresssion.

Let's star with the bold part.

1. That's untrue. An company doesn't have to hire a black applicant over a white applicant, and they often don't. In a recent study it was found that people with white sounding names typically needed to send out 10 resumes to get a callback, people with black sounding names needed to send out 15. Statistically speaking, that's an enourmous gap. On top of that, the unemployment rate for black college graduates is more than twice the national average.

2. There are however still quotas and percentages that need to be adhered to for schools and buisinesses regarding minority groups, though I suspect that you'll see that change to economic quotes in the future, at least for schools.

As for the rest of your post, that's the price we pay for our free speech. I have a right to say pretty much whatever I want, and it's a right I excercise regularly, but I'm also fully aware that there are consiquences. If you say that something that's going to piss people off, you'd better be ready for people to be pissed off.

Having the right to say whatever you want also means you're responsible for everything you say.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

i crack joke about different races all the time. when i do, im not necessarily mocking the race itself, but more just the stereotype. the common stereotype for white people is that they always have to have the newest phone, care way too much about looks and clothing, and always act stupid. if i ever made a joke about white people i would only actually be refering to the people who actually do that stuff.

and if you want to call me racist for that, well, i am white, so what are you gonna say now?

in my eyes, unless it discriminates, limits people's rights, or is meant to target an entire race, its not racist

spemanig said:
Frankly, if you're genuinely being accused of racism, you're probably doing something wrong and you probably know exactly what it is you've done. Just stop doing that. Semantics don't matter at that point.

People are so protective of their right to be insensitive dicks. If you said something that genuinely offended someone else, just apologize and stop saying it. Know your audience and don't say something potentially offensive to someone who's audience you aren't familiar with. Look outside your ego for a second and stop defending you're right to offend.

This doesn't go for just racism. It's everything. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in God. Don't be a dick to Christians. Don't believe in the gender pay gap? Not an excuse to be an ass to women who do. Don't like Donald Trump? Not an excuse to shit on Trump supporters.

Just be nice, guys.

Society nowadays doesn't know how to do that. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

hershel_layton said:
spemanig said:
Frankly, if you're genuinely being accused of racism, you're probably doing something wrong and you probably know exactly what it is you've done. Just stop doing that. Semantics don't matter at that point.

People are so protective of their right to be insensitive dicks. If you said something that genuinely offended someone else, just apologize and stop saying it. Know your audience and don't say something potentially offensive to someone who's audience you aren't familiar with. Look outside your ego for a second and stop defending you're right to offend.

This doesn't go for just racism. It's everything. It doesn't matter if you don't believe in God. Don't be a dick to Christians. Don't believe in the gender pay gap? Not an excuse to be an ass to women who do. Don't like Donald Trump? Not an excuse to shit on Trump supporters.

Just be nice, guys.

Society nowadays doesn't know how to do that. 

Of course it does. The vast majority of people are perfectly capable of going about there daily lives without being mean and nasty to one another that vast majority of time.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.