By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon US February monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CosmicSex said:
CGI-Quality said:

Remains to be seen if that's the case with this release. As for the 2 months from release, plenty of other bundles were unveiled within that timeframe and didn't drop off so quickly.

OMG please stop worring about Uncharted.  It is fine. There are so many games coming out this month for PS4 that April isn't even a convern at this point.  PS4 will win April.  Uncharted will be the biggest exclusive of the year and probably the highest selling console exclusive by years end. 

Debatable when there is Zelda U and the possibility of FF7. Also Horizon zero dawn in on the horizon to be a big exclusive.

Possibly if we don't get a new Pokemon.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
CosmicSex said:

OMG please stop worring about Uncharted.  It is fine. There are so many games coming out this month for PS4 that April isn't even a convern at this point.  PS4 will win April.  Uncharted will be the biggest exclusive of the year and probably the highest selling console exclusive by years end. 

I believe you quoted the wrong individual, here.

I'm certainly not worried for Uncharted. At all. In fact, I said I expect it to, not only be, the biggest one in the series, it will see the biggest push in the US as well.

Oh my appoligies. 

BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

Not when its the top console SKU.  COD is doing business for them right now.

It's the top console SKU because that's how it's being pushed to be.
TLOU was also the top console SKU by a long time when it was Sony intention.
Whenever they pull CoD and advert and focus on another SKU, that one will dominate.

CoD already pushed what it had to push, CoD is more of a holydays game, there is no hype around it anymore, it has nothing to do with the ranking right now, the PS4 bundle does. Bundle and push SF for a while wouldn't hurt, and you'll see how long will an Uncharted bundle keep ranking high when Sony starts pushing it. It's just a bit sad SF is a little lost between that, that's a pretty nice exclusive to push at least a bit.

First, COD is the best selling game in the world right now - the best selling game in the world last year.  Second, Sony paid for the right to carry the mark of the best selling game in the world right now on thier box.  They are advised to get their money's worth.  Third... COD is still the best selling game in the world and Uncharted is 2 months away.  They still have time to cash in on what they purchased from Activision. 

11 hours since last update:

#12 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle (down 2)
#28 XB1 Gears Bundle (up 2)
#47 N3DS Black (up 8)

The PS5 Exists. 

jason1637 said:
bananaking21 said:

UC3 did 700k in November 2011 (NPD). its decent, but nothing massive. i think UC4 can reach 800k in april NPD. considering it has just one week, and its not releasing during the holidays. 

800k might be too big. Maybe 650k fw for uncharted 4 seems about right and that would still make it the best opening in Uncharted history in the US.

BraLoD said:
Will Sony phase out the BO bundle to promote the Uncharted bundle soon?

Doubt it considering how the Uncharted bundle cost $400 unless they release a standard #350 bundle with uc4.

Shadow1980 said:
Here's today's update to the monthly and Week 1 rankings:

PS4 COD bundle: #24 (↓1)
XBO Gears bundle: #37 (↑2)
New 3DS XL: #57 (↓2)
N3DSXL Fire Emblem bundle: #68 (↓2)
PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle: #85 (↓12)

I really dont understand this bundle. Why is it even charting when it doesn't even come with the game? Its a bundle with a special le 3ds but no game.

650k is a reasonable prediction as well. would be a jump up for the series in the USA. surprisngly uncharted isnt that big in the USA, its massive world wide though. however PS4 has gained an audince for these type of games that werent on the PS3. and while install base is lower, software sales on the PS4 seem to be doing strongly. 

Sony seems to be pushing UC4 very strongly as well, so we will see. my prediction is between 700k-800k. 

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
CosmicSex said:

First, COD is the best selling game in the world right now - the best selling game in the world last year.  Second, Sony paid for the right to carry the mark of the best selling game in the world right now on thier box.  They are advised to get their money's worth.  Third... COD is still the best selling game in the world and Uncharted is 2 months away.  They still have time to cash in on what they purchased from Activision. 

That's not how you should be looking at it.
CoD is huge, you are right, but Black Ops 3 released when, November last year? BO 3 this year won't hold a candle to Uncharted 4 in sales, the new CoD will, that's the point, BO 3 already had its time, it sold freakingly well and there are big exclusives coming, it's about time to change the focus to them, Street Fighter comes in a little more than 2 weeks, it should be getting atention now, it's a big exclusive, then Uncharted will without a doubt pick in March, Street Fighter will sadly get lost between those two, CoD should already have been phased out so Street Fighter had it's 5 minutes of fame until the focus move completely to Uncharted.

Meanwhile, the COD bundle has gone Super super Saiyan on Amazon up to number 5 so it seems like another advantage to the COD bundle is crossing interests.  So for example, it must be Street Fighter 5 and what not boosting the PS4.  So, PS4 sales go up and those Street Fighte fans have to get the COD bundle because... it the only thing around, and now those gamers are exposed to COD... and its DLC...

But, you are also forgetting that there is no other bundle right now so if they stopped selling it there would be a standalone PS4 for $350 and an Xbox One with Gears and two othe new games and free gift cards for $300... Yes a SFV bundle would be nice but since that isn't possible, COD is the only choice until Uncharted comes along and we will probably get a $350 Uncharted bundle as well.   Only seems natural.

#5 PS4 Black Ops 3 Bundle
#32 XB1 Gears Bundle
#43 N3DS Black
#86 XB1 Three Game Bundle
#95 N3DSXL Fire Emblem Bundle

Looks like people are buying PS4's for SFV. BO3 bundle with SFV is a good deal.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Pionner said:

Yep... PS4 is riseing and so is the sales of SFV (its been top20 for while now), its also probably effecting the sales of extra controllers.

Pionner said:

Thats what I was getting at in my post above.  Sony is attaching COD and Street Fighte together.