By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nerdiest characters in video games?

What do you think about nerds in video games?

I love them, and can relate to them. 4 33.33%

They're pretty annoying, tbh. 2 16.67%

I don't care. 5 41.67%

Total:11

Let's face it, most of us on this site are nerds, after all we all love to talk about video games, that's why we tend to have a certain soft spot for fellow nerds, especially when they appear as video game characters.

What are some of the nerdiest characters you can recall in video games?

The biggest nerds in gaming for me would have to be:

Dr. Wily - Mega Man (He's always coming up with the most predictable plans, and most outrageous robots just to stop Mega Man.)

Otacon - Metal Gear Solid (Obsessed with anime (his code name is literally "Otaku Convention") and seems to have the worst luck with women.)

Dr. Kleiner - Half-Life (Even in the most tense situations, he always seems to be obsessed with his pet headcrab, Lamarr.)

Francis - Super Paper Mario (He goes out of his way to take lewd pictures of butterflies and post them on digibutter.nerr.)

Alphys - Undertale (Obsessed with anime, invents a human killing robot that is also a dancer, and just can't seem to confess her feelings to Undyne.)

What about you, can you think of some cool nerds in video games?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

You know, our Smash diva is a nerd too:

Seriously tho, my favorite nerd is on OP: Otacon!

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Man, I loved Francis from Super Paper Mario. He made Chapter 3 of that game.

Sometimes they're ok, other times not. Bentley in Sly Cooper 4 was unbearable when certain events took play involving his girlfriend. I mean, seriously... I was like... he was punch in the face worthy there for awhile lol.

Lester the Unlikely 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZX_ToJHFk

Around the Network

StarOcean said:

Lester the Unlikely 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZX_ToJHFk

I was hoping to see him here!

pokoko said:

I really don't know which is worse, pre-quest loser travis or post quest generic local top 40 pop jock travis.

Anyway, I'd nominate Chihiro Fujisaki.

On a lark Chihiro created the most advanced ai the world had ever seen in what seemed to be their world's version of ms-dos.

And is such a timid and effeminate pussy that he couldn't correct people when they mistook him for a girl to the point that rather than developing the teensiest bit of backbone decided it would be better to simply start pretending to be a girl.

Wherez Otacon?