By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: In some years, Nintendos console will be the most successful and last relevant

Do you agree

Your text is to long, im to lazy to read it. 51 15.84%

Agree 72 22.36%

Disagree 169 52.48%

Results 30 9.32%

Total:322
Teeqoz said:

That link talks about total cash and short term investments. Cash is about 4.5 billion, while combined cash and short term investments is about 7.5 billion.

http://financials.morningstar.com/balance-sheet/bs.html?t=NTDOY

Also your link is pretty old, the above link is much more recent. Figures are in Yen though, but it's easy to convert it. 

hm i doubt they lost 3 billion just in 4 years but im to lazy to make good research to ill accept your sources and datas.

Around the Network
JNK said:
Teeqoz said:

That link talks about total cash and short term investments. Cash is about 4.5 billion, while combined cash and short term investments is about 7.5 billion.

Also your link is pretty old, the above link is much more recent. Figures are in Yen though, but it's easy to convert it. 

hm i doubt they lost 3 billion just in 4 years but im to lazy to make good research to ill accept your sources and datas.

Cash and short term investments decreasing by 3 billion is not the same as them losing 3 billion. It could be that some of their short term investments were moved to longer term investments (R&D for NX?), and also some of the decrease is due to the change in exchange rates between the Yen and the USD.

However Morningstar is a legit investment and investment research firm, so I can assure you the figures are legit.

Teeqoz said:
JNK said:
Teeqoz said:

Cash and short term investments decreasing by 3 billion is not the same as them losing 3 billion. It could be that some of their short term investments were moved to longer term investments (R&D for NX?), and also some of the decrease is due to the change in exchange rates between the Yen and the USD.

However Morningstar is a legit investment and investment research firm, so I can assure you the figures are legit.

al alright. I think my number "18 million cash" was everything put together (long term, short term, cash). 

JNK said:
Teeqoz said:

al alright. I think my number "18 million cash" was everything put together (long term, short term, cash). 

That would be total assets then, which is still quite a bit lower than 18 billion, at 11.16 billion USD.

JNK said:

I explained everything in my first topic. 

Its similar to actual iphone sale analysis. Many analyst are saying apple will get problems in the near future, because they cant make their new iPhone significant better anymore. The technology is already to advaned. Even faster chips or even higher resolutions or even thinner phones arnt as interesting anymore. Its pretty much the same thinking.

That's a flawed way to view things when there are always people wanting better ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
JNK said:

I explained everything in my first topic. 

Its similar to actual iphone sale analysis. Many analyst are saying apple will get problems in the near future, because they cant make their new iPhone significant better anymore. The technology is already to advaned. Even faster chips or even higher resolutions or even thinner phones arnt as interesting anymore. Its pretty much the same thinking.

That's a flawed way to view things when there are always people wanting better ... 

there may be people (enthusiats) but they are the minority imo. The ps4 is selling that good because average costumer are satisfied. They dont want to invest double or tripple the money a ps4 cost to get 4k graphics or 60 fps on a gaming pc.

As soon we get those "ps4 graphics" shipped in with every tv or build into our smartphones or whatever, they wont buy a game console anymore.

At least thats why im predicting ;)

JNK said:

there may be people (enthusiats) but they are the minority imo. The ps4 is selling that good because average costumer are satisfied. They dont want to invest double or tripple the money a ps4 cost to get 4k graphics or 60 fps on a gaming pc.

As soon we get those "ps4 graphics" shipped in with every tv or build into our smartphones or whatever, they wont buy a game console anymore.

At least thats why im predicting ;)

That is not a trivial issue and you've yet to still elaborate on what is stopping the other alternatives from doing the same to Nintendo ... 

Nintendo's difference have netted them less than 15 million for the WII U when is all is said and done so what's stopping them from going any lower ?

I disagree with quite a few points. But I have a question I understand 100% when you say Nin will be the last but what about when you say most successful? What are you meaning when you say most successful ?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

JNK said:

hiccupthehuman said:

All I'm going to say is comparing a 2013 Ps3 game to a 2016 in beta game is fallacious. Games visual improve as the gen goes on. You should  compare 2008 Ps3 and 360 games to 2016 ones, and you will see there is difference. The difference isn't as sharp as from between previous generation but it is there. Furthermore, there are improvements besides graphics, like better AI for example.

I completly disagree. 1. the graphics of the division are 100% final. The game releases next month. Its probl already in the pressing plant. Its finished, final. They dont do anything but fixxing bugs at this moment, the graphics are and will be like they are. 

I also disagree on the 2nd point. The graphics improvement arnt because of the hardware or anything but because of the software. This prooved even more how irrelevant hardware already got. The best comparison would be a game released in the exact same year, because then both games would use very similar software possibilities and only the hardware would be a difference.

in 2017 or 2018 it would very likely also be possible to make a better looking game then TLOU on the ps3. Just because the software got better.

The software for PS4/One will also get better, just like the software for PS3 and 360 did. Why do you think this generation different?

And you are ignoring such a huge component of gaming today: multiplayer. Multiplayer is only increasing in popularity and are among the best-selling games nowadays. I doubt that the mobile multiplayer scene will ever even get near to the experiences on consoles. Competitive gaming will never be feasible on a mobile, because you need a controller/mouse for the fastest and precise gaming. Furthermore, unlike console manufaturers, whoever manufatures smart tv or mobile won't have robust servers or the facilities to host reliable online services and be as robust as PSN or Xbox Live. 

Furthermore, gameplay is also another important componenet of gaming todayGames on mobile may look okay, but they don't play okay, http://kotaku.com/bioshock-for-ios-is-the-worst-way-to-play-a-great-game-1629271189 ) making consoles/PC still the best place to play. 

Finally, the majority of mobile gamers are casual, and play casual games that are not high in graphics fidelity. Mobile gamers dont buy mobile games for graphics. None of the 11 graphical powerhouses of mobile (http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/11-android-games-with-best-graphics-373594/11/ ) feature in the top 100 top-grossing mobile games (https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/). In fact, pratically no graphically impressive game is in the top 100. The highest ranking mobile games with graphics is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, and that is definitively not PS3 graphics.

All in all, I disagree with your points. In fact, so far, the rise of mobile gaming has not made a dent in PS4 sales, and the Xbox One is outpacing the 360. It is only Nintendo that has been drastically affected by it.

JNK said:
elektranine said:
Show me a game for smartphone that has even 20% the scope and graphics of a ps3 game like the last of us.

mobile games actually dont have as high budgets. Also the mobile industry is evolving faster. The iPhone 6s already is 4x as strong as the iPhone 5s. Still all games available run fine on the iphone 5s. Mobile games dont use the full potential of the modern hardware yet. Performance whise, an iphone 6s is stronger then an ps3.

Here is an comparison of bioshock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QukJKR_F3mM

Keep in mind this still uses the a7 chip (iphone 5s/ iPad air). And the game was also made to run on even less powerfull devices (like iPhone 4s which again is just 1/4 of the power on an iPhone 5s). The actual a9 chip is about 4 times as strong. So ~16x as strong as the hardware from the iPhone 4s, were this game also runs on. Mobiel technoligy is evolving fast.

It's like comparing a PS2 game with a PS3 game.