By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The ''Share your hidden gem Steam games'' thread!

Hey guys (and girls!). Just wanted to make something a bit different so I figured I'd make this thread for sharing games on Steam that you think are really good but are pretty much unknown, hence a ''hidden gem'' game!

Now, getting to the point here, I'll start by suggesting a game that I really enjoy, which is:

Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball

It's basically dodgeball, but with robots! Surprisingly fun and is frequently updated too.

Now it's your turn!

EDIT: Figured I'd put Psychonauts in here too, I know it's been getting more recognition lately (The sequel was funded and all), but I bought it 90% off at the last sale and now I consider it one of the best games available on Steam. Can't get enough 3D Platformers =P

Around the Network

Up!

One of my favourite indie games flywrench got re-released on Steam last year.

Haven't played the Steam version yet (found out about it recently) but the original freeware was great!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Audio Surf.

The game is just a blast.  I've had it for years but I still break it out when I get new music.  It makes courses out of your mp3s and then you play them by picking up the colored blocks and avoiding the grey.  Faster songs are harder but usually give a lot more points.  Scores are compared to other players.

I picked the Sweater song here because it's one of my favorites to use with family and friends who haven't played before.  It starts slow and they brag about how easy it is then it goes over a cliff and they're squealing for help.  I've told this story here before but I once opened this up at our family Christmas party and within a few minutes everyone had abandoned the Wii and were instead crowded around my PC.  

This thread is off to a terrible start, Ive already heard of 5 of the 6 games -__-
Grats to TomaTitio

Around the Network
pokoko said:

Audio Surf.

The game is just a blast.  I've had it for years but I still break it out when I get new music.  It makes courses out of your mp3s and then you play them by picking up the colored blocks and avoiding the grey.  Faster songs are harder but usually give a lot more points.  Scores are compared to other players.

I picked the Sweater song here because it's one of my favorites to use with family and friends who haven't played before.  It starts slow and they brag about how easy it is then it goes over a cliff and they're squealing for help.  I've told this story here before but I once opened this up at our family Christmas party and within a few minutes everyone had abandoned the Wii and were instead crowded around my PC.  

Ha! I knew this game was going to show up here sooner or later, I actually played it yesterday. Finally completed all of the achievements! 

ktay95 said:
This thread is off to a terrible start, Ive already heard of 5 of the 6 games -__-
Grats to TomaTitio

Enjoy!

Was googling a little bit more, and it's not a re-release but a full version of the "prototype".

messhof even had done a Kickstarter for this extended version way back in 2009
Guess it's been a long time coming. Gotta try it again!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"